Roland Micro Cube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland Micro Cube

Bought this amp a week ago on ebay for 95€, it arrived yesterday. I'm totally happy with its capabilities, I never heard another amp of this size sounding so good! For those of you who don't know this amp, check out the Roland page:

http://www.rolandus.com/products/det...did=Micro+Cube

I do especially like the Rectifier model. Sure, it can't compete with a real one (has at least not that much bass [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ) but it sounds cool.

The amp is more than loud enough for using it at home, and it is definitely louder than what you expect from a 2w amp.
    Built-in effects are very usable too, standard Boss quality.
    I also like its clean sounds very much [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Only things I dislike is that there is no real Bass/Mid/Treble-Equalizer and no separate Recording-out. This means that the amp is silent when you record.
    Sound of the Recording/Headphones-out is very usable too, recorded a little song yesterday:

http://home.arcor.de/last-entertainm...ay%20vicky.mp3

Please do not expect too much, I only had a small amount of time, the record is a birthday present for a friend of mine [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Re: Roland Micro Cube

You are right, they are awesome little guys aren't they? Played one in a music shop a few days ago, and MAN! I was blown away. To say the least I was not expecting much at all, but they sound totally huge. I hear they run for about 20 hrs on six double AA's too. Thats pretty impressive all things considered. I was a big fan of the 'Brit Stack' (think thats what it was called) setting. Was able to dial in a great AC/DC sound. Like You say all the effects are top notch, but not very tweakable. I'm just thinking about the little Gorilla I started out with compared to this thing. If only they had these when I started out.

Comment

I heard one demoed at a Roland Demo the other day and i was blown away! (as much you can get blown away by a small matchbox sized amp for under $150 - with effects and a tuner!).

/Henrik
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

It's a nice little present! Let us know if she liked it.
        As far as the Cube goes, I've never had a chance to try one out, but I keep hearing great things about that whole series of amps, so if I can I'll try to check one out.

Comment

I played around with one for a while at NAMM this last winter and was very impressed; fun little amp! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I like the sound. Is that amp's built-in distortion?

Little timing mistakes there on a record, but it has a soul and that's the most important. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey Immortal,
              thanks for your comment!
              I'm working on these timing problems [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
              The Distortion on the record is the the built-in COSM Rectifier Modeling.

Comment

Sounds good bro, I'm gonna do the same thing for my wife when my V-Amp comes in.
                I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

Working...
                X