• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phantom power

Hi guys!

It's been a while!

I need some info!
    How can i phantom my foocontroller (5 pin) from a Voodu Valve that is 7 pin midi cable.

Since the mdii only uses 3 pins for midi operations, the other 2 (4 and 5) are free for power right?
    Well what about the 7 pin , that rocktron uses?
    Are the 6 and 7 pins the one rocktron uses for phantoming?
    Or normal 4 and 5?
    Anyone has any ideas?

Had any expirience?

Thanks a lot!

Re: Phantom power

I know on my pedal I had to change from a 5 pin to a 7 pin cable in order to get the power to the pedal without using the seperate power supply.Make sure there are 7 pins on your pedal input and of course your source output Some older pedals will only take a seperate power source input.What pedal do you have?
    Look in your manual or try to find the manufacture info on the internet.

Comment

Typically, the Voodu will need to use a second transformer to supply the 9VAC into the MIDI cable.

IF, your footcontroller will work on that voltage, you'd need to find a 7 pin female jack and swap it into your footcontroller and wire the power connecter wires into the two corresponding MIDI cable pin/connectors on the jack.

You should be able to find out which are the AC supply pins in the MIDI cable pretty easily with a DVM when the auxilary power supply is plugged into the Voodu...

Comment

So i thoought!

I got myself a nice MF-1 Nobels footswith. Nothing fancy and hard to work with. Really all i need is a couple of big buttons to push and a display big enough to be seen from 6 foot distance.
        It has 5 pin midi out and the phantom power is available!
        Now what i thought of doing was, i buy a standard 5 pin midi cable and a 7 pin male connector!
        I'll use it on the VV side.
        As i got the info from Jim from Rocktron, he said the 6 and 7 pind are the hot ones in VV midi In!
        So I connect the 6 and 7 pins of the connector to the 4 and 5 pins on the midi cable?
        Jim said that VV uses all the 7 pins to work, but he used the rocktron's All Access as an example!
        The MF-1 i use only uses 1, 2 and 3, the 4 and the 5 are used for Phantom!

I believe that should work!
        What do you think?

Comment

Working...
        X