Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: tolex styles... opinions?

Originally posted by zeegler:
    I repeat: "Are you using contact cement to glue the tolex on? " [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">For you, he's using a white, sticky "protein" substance. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

They both look cool, but I prefer the diamond plate. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      Hmmm, you're giving me GAS for another little EL84-driven amp. [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps:
        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by zeegler:
        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Twisteramps:
        No need to apologize if you don't like em... these are for me : ) I just like being able to offer people a wide variety of custom options, since I'm a one man band.

Pete
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I repeat: "Are you using contact cement to glue the tolex on? " [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Come on Pete, what are you using?

I am almost to the tolexing stage on my new cabinet, and I just assumed contact cement was the way to go. Would that be a big mistake?
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Contact cement or Hide glue is what most manufacturers use. Just be careful with the contact cement, because once it's on, you aren't going to be able to reposition it.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps:
            Contact cement or Hide glue is what most manufacturers use. Just be careful with the contact cement, because once it's on, you aren't going to be able to reposition it.

Pete
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks Pete. That's what I thought. Don't worry, I'm going to be super careful. I don't want to ruin 4 yards of purple lizard skin. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

the Brown Bomber rox!
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG:
                the Brown Bomber rox!
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey, whereare the tubes anyway? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by VitaminG:
                  the Brown Bomber rox!
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey, whereare the tubes anyway? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They're there, just look at the 2nd pic of the brown, and look just to the right of the smaller gray and black transformer

Dave->
                  Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

They both look cool, although I prefer the leather. Anything is better than generic black tolex that comes on most amps.

Comment

Originally posted by budman68:
                      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by zeegler:
                      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by VitaminG:
                      the Brown Bomber rox!
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey, whereare the tubes anyway? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They're there, just look at the 2nd pic of the brown, and look just to the right of the smaller gray and black transformer

Dave->
                      </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">ah yes, EL84s are small arent they?

Comment

I believe those would be the preamp tubes aren't they? Pete?

Dave->
                        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Black diamond plate is awesome!

Comment

I like the bomber jacket... pretty cool

Comment

Originally posted by budman68:
                              I believe those would be the preamp tubes aren't they? Pete?

Dave->
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The EL84s use the same sockets as the preamp tubes... but they are a little bit taller, about 1.5x as tall as the 12ax7s. I need to finish up the front to the Corsair (brown amp) and get the faceplate printed.

Pete

Comment

Working...
                              X