Just got a MusicYo wireless!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got a MusicYo wireless!

Ha ha, this thing is great! True diversity VHF for $79, you can't beat it! No tone loss, and I tried it all around my house, and 80 feet down the driveway, too! I've been wailing away on my King V and my Soloist for the last 2 days; my neighbors probably don't like it though! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Made in Korea, too - NOT CHINA!

http://www.musicyo.com/product_specs.asp?pf_id=311
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Re: Just got a MusicYo wireless!

Cool. I was looking at those, I was afraid they wouldn't work.

Glad to know they do, I'll have to get me one.

Comment

what's that tucked into the dude's pocket? Do you have to wear pants with pockets when you use this wireless? Will I still be able to play in my spandex duds?
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Gary, I think that's his wallet! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
        You can see the transmitter clipped to the dude's belt, and it appears the transmitter cord
        has dipped in his back pocket as well! (that cord acts as the antenna). I've noticed some of my friends/gigging musicians will clip their transmitter directly to their strap, although the metal clip that is on the Electar transmitter isn't "closed" enough (tight) to make that work without modding the clip.

Comment

It looked like either the cord was so long he was storing the excess in his back pocket, or that the unit had a battery pack separate to the transmitter
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Well, that would be a funky design! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
            Clicking the links to the features of the unit will get you

The transmitter cord/antenna is over 3 feet long, so tucking the cord into the back pocket makes sense. The instructions tell you not to coil it.

Comment

I did see that. And I would've assumed it was simply belt pack -> guitar cord -> guitar.

But in the pic, it appears that the cord is going into his pocket to another square object.

Why such a long cord, btw? Is it in case you employ a midget valet to carry that heavy belt pack behind you on stage? Or so when you're performing nude, you can clip the belt pack to your boot?
              Hail yesterday

Comment

It's the Ron & Gary Show! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Originally posted by VitaminG:
                Why such a long cord, btw?
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You aren't reading my posts?

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Originally posted by RacerX:
                that cord acts as the antenna
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

Or so when you're performing nude, you can clip the belt pack to your boot?
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Where else are ya' gonna clip it? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I am going to get one, but what damn Channel do I get? Does it make a difference? Jack.

Comment

Jack, you can only get 2 channels with the SD1000: 5 or 6.

Channel 5 is (186.6MHz)
                      Channel 6 is (190.6MHz)

I actually emailed several local TV networks before ordering to ask at what frequency they broadcast....NONE of them bothered to reply! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

I picked channel 5....why don't you get channel 6? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Damn it, I want channel 7 now, dumb receiver [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Ha ha, this thing is great! True diversity VHF for $79, you can't beat it! No tone loss, and I tried it all around my house, and 80 feet down the driveway, too! I've been wailing away on my King V and my Soloist for the last 2 days; my neighbors probably don't like it though! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Made in Korea, too - NOT CHINA!

http://www.musicyo.com/product_specs.asp?pf_id=311
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">.. made in korea hey ? supporting the next country that is gonna nuke everyone shame on you Ron [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ...congrads man ! I'll have to try one . //Steve

Comment

Jack, you can only get 2 channels with the SD1000: 5 or 6.

Channel 5 is (186.6MHz)
                            Channel 6 is (190.6MHz)

I actually emailed several local TV networks before ordering to ask at what frequency they broadcast....NONE of them bothered to reply! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

I picked channel 5....why don't you get channel 6? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">TV people don't read, that is why they're tv people.

So, Ron, now that you've had it a little while, are you still happy with it?

Keith
                            The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Cool. I've been thinking of picking up a wireless unit for awhile now. Maybe I'll have to get one of these.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X