Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here use the Sennheiser 1092 Digital Wireless System for guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here use the Sennheiser 1092 Digital Wireless System for guitar?

I use a Sennheiser 1092 Digital Wireless System for my guitar, and while its sound compared to using a cable is near to identical, and its range is pretty kick-ass too, I find the battery life for any topline alkaline 9V battery I use in the bodypak gives me only a mere 4 hours or so of continuous playing time before the battery goes dead; the product claimed the battery life for that bodypak (using a name-brand 9V alkaline), is approx. 12 hours...There is NO WAY that the bodypak would operate for that long on the same battery, at least not the one which I got...Anyone else using this system here found the same thing as well? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: Anyone here use the Sennheiser 1092 Digital Wireless System for guitar?

My neighbor is a Rodeo Clown and was just bragging about his Sennheiser Wireless Mic rig. He's out of town right now but I'll be sure to ask him when he gets back. He was totally pissed about how bad the Shure stuff he had used for years was compared to Sennheiser. He is only on stage for an hour or so at a time, so I don't know if he has compared battery life on it.
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

What brand of battery are you using? I have the same wireless unit and I'm using Energizers and they last between 10-12 hours.

Comment

I use the Sennheiser Evolution Wireless (ew172) and I get about 10-12 hours using Energizers or Duracells. About half of that when I use the lesser brands. Either way I love it! You might want to contact Sennheiser about it. I know some of the guys on here that have had problems with their units got excellent customer service and some even had their units replaced with new ones. Its worth a shot if using the better batteries doesn't help.

Ken

Comment

got the same as above and so far, i've had no compaints or problems, and nothing but good things to say about it.

~JW
          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Cretsinger:
            What brand of battery are you using? I have the same wireless unit and I'm using Energizers and they last between 10-12 hours.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">--------------------------------------------------
            I have alternately tried both the Energizers and the Duracell top-of-the-line 9V batteries with it; so far after owning this wireless system for nearly 2 years, I seem to have slightly longer battery life using the Duracells. I just put a brand-new battery in my bodypak on Friday, so in this particular instance I am logging the amount of total time and life I'm getting out of it; so far, I have logged up about three hours of playing time on it, no flashing red bodypak light as of yet...I predict with this Duracell that I'll get approximately 5 hours of life from it, before it crashes and burns....Now that I'm hearing that most of you seem to each be getting the rated battery life you're supposed to be getting, I'm wondering if maybe my bodypak is fucked up in some way or another...

It is the ONLY gripe I have about this wireless system, though. (Isn't it also the ONLY DIGITAL wireless that is currently available on the market for guitar? Thought I heard from somewhere that it was.) Any other wireless system I checked sounded DRASTICALLY different from what I would sound like plugged in using the old Monster Cable, requiring alterations in most of my settings to get it back to sounding how I wanted it to....And on top of that, I'm using a Line6 vetta HD, so I already do ENOUGH messing around with tone and sounds, customizing my user channels, lol! But the Sennheiser, it sounded nearly identical as if plugged in using a monster cable, so right then and there I was sold on the product.. and hell, once you have felt FREEDOM from the guitar cord, there's NO looking back...

Comment

Working...
            X