Bogner XTC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bogner XTC

I want one of these so bad, owners...please share your likes/dislikes, models etc.

I have a bunch of stuff to sell to finance it but I'm a Junior member and can't list.....when will I become a real person here [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Re: Bogner XTC

I'm with Tim - I think that the Ecstacy is far and away one of, if not the best amps available on the market today...mine was a 99' in a ratty shell that I scored for $1700...ordered a new shell, sold ratty, and I'm into this one for $1800...the amp was gigged pretty heavily before I got it, and I've played the beejesus out of it for a year now with no problems...

I owned a Shiva as well, and sold it right after I got this because it needed a pedal in front to even get close to the 101b...beg and borrow - do whatever it takes, and by all means try to find a used one...you won't regret it.

Steve E

Comment

Tim K...you are the man!!!! I just bought that amp off of H.C. , Thank you so much for the tip, within a week I should have in my posession the best amp I have personally ever heard. It's supposed to be MINT also...we'll see, I'm so excited.

Comment

That is fantastic. I thought the price seemed very fair as well. Shoot me an email when you get it and I will share some settings with you. Do you know what year it is? Bogner has changed the red channel a bit over the last year.

Comment

Don't know what year it is although I must assume it is an '03, it was originally purchased in December. I should have gotten the serial number but I didn't. The guy gave me his name on ebay, he has over 100 responses with 100% feedback, in addition he is registered with paypal so....I spoke with him on the phone at his job etc....my gut tells me he's a straight up guy.....I hope.
          And Tim thanks again for the tip, and thanks also for your invite to e-mail for settings. SpeedMonkey e-mailed me a setting that supposedly nails the, "classic" , tone. He also recommended the Bogner oversize 2X12's. I'm going to be using a MESA 4x12 Trad. Straight cab w/ V30's and a MESA 2x12 Vertical Recto cab w/ G12H30's. What cab/cabs are you using and what are your likes/dislikes?

Comment

Hey how about sharing those settings with me??? I'd like to give um a try if you guys would be so kind.

Tooling: I love my Ecstacy as well. Blue channel is very Marshally and the red channel is deeper, the gain basically picks up where the blue channel leaves off. I use the Bogner 2x12. It is an excellent cab, I would describe it as "punchy". That being said I am looking for an UberKab for a little more deepness. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

With all the EQ switches, plexi mode, independent clean and dirty boosts, it is the best sounding versatile head I have owned. Dont forget about the footswitchable stand-by (very handy). Oh, it also has an excellent FX loop. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I run mine with a medusa cable and a GCX. I have a BBE in the 8th loop of my GCX for a "brite" boost as well. You will not be disappointed with this head.

Comment

Originally posted by thenine:
              [QB] Hey how about sharing those settings with me??? I'd like to give um a try if you guys would be so kind.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, it's pretty simple: I was talking with Sean @ Bogner about having the Classic mod done, and he pointed me in the right direction: said save your money and make sure that when you're in the red channel to run your presence at 3 o'clock or just past, excursion on L, treb at 11 o'clock, mid's at 2 o'clock, bass btween 2-3 o'clock, pre EQ for 3 set to B1, gain about 1 o'clock....having the presence running hotter really opens the amp up - puts it at about where the Classic begins...he said if thats "open and bright enough for you" at that point - you don't need the mod. Those settings cross over wellinto the blue channel as well.

It was great advice...I run mine through a pair of Oversize 2x12's....it kills.

Steve E

Comment

I run mine into a Bogner 4x12 w/ V30's. The only thing that sucks w/ the amp is that it's got so many switches, you need to go back to college to figure it out, just kidding. Yeah, Marshally is how I'd describe the blue channel. Actually, I think all Bogners are very Marshally, in the very best sense of that term. I had an Ubershall, very cool as well, but the XTC does so much and very well as well. Mine is the Metal Grill option, I got it from Tim Rose (remember him? great guy, hope he's doing well) in a trade deal. I WISH I had the brown cane grill instead, but man does it sound cool. Funny thing is I tried some NOS mullards and stuff in it, waste of time, didn't improve the tone ( these are engineered w/ new tubes in mind). I hammer my blue channel w/ a Maxon od-9 in Plexi mode, instant early 80's. I have an intellifex for the loop, but haven't figured that out yet. Killer amp. Let me know if you want to trade your cane grill box for a metal grill one.

Comment

Bogner is so hot....Bogner...

This setup with the Andersons sounds pretty freakin good....my incoming GMW oughta do O.K. too...

Steve E

[ May 17, 2004, 11:27 PM: Message edited by: speed monkey ]

Comment

Duh.

Comment

STOP it!!! your making me jealous! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

I have an XTC 101B with the works. I love this amp! It is one of my favorites. The tone is amazing and nicely compressed. The red channel is very deep sounding and the blue channel with the boost on just simply screams. I have no complaints. This is in my opionion the bes sounding flexible boutique amp on the market.

I think there is one advertised on Harmony Central Classified for a decent price. You are better off buying a mint used one since Bogner raised there prices.

Comment

Bogner is the crack of the amp world.

Comment

I have three Bogner cabs. I use the vintage 30 cab with my XTC. The XTC really comes alive thought when using the Uber cab as well. I am still working on settings. I would love to hear some more settings that everyone out there uses.

Comment

and to think ....I'm going to have one of these things... [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

How much do the Bogner cabs go for? The MESA cabs are really good cabs but if the Bogners put them to shame as well......

Comment

Working...
                              X