Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bogner XTC

@Tim Krueger:
    Are you sure that 3 halfstacks are loud enough? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Tim,

Is that a Splawn head you got there?

Comment

Mine is the Metal Grill option, I got it from Tim Rose

Did you get Tim's Ecstacy that had a gold logo? A fairly early one? If so, that head sounded fantastic and is the reason I bought mine. When I played thru that head I couldnt beleieve it. That one in particular sounded very mean and thick. It made me think of Accept Balls To The Wall tone, which is one of my faves.

Comment

I got these setting from Bob Savage. It has the EQ turned down a bit (maybe not as "open" as you would like). But I like this tone sometimes, it's very old school.

Comment

Originally posted by thenine:
            Did you get Tim's Ecstacy that had a gold logo? A fairly early one? If so, that head sounded fantastic and is the reason I bought mine. When I played thru that head I couldnt beleieve it. That one in particular sounded very mean and thick.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That Gold logo one would be it - he just had that and a 100b that KILLED...That head made me buy mine too [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thenine - where do you live???

Steve E

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Krueger:
              I have three Bogner cabs. I use the vintage 30 cab with my XTC. The XTC really comes alive thought when using the Uber cab as well. I am still working on settings. I would love to hear some more settings that everyone out there uses.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Tim -

Sweeeeet setup! My Oversize 2x12's are loaded with Greenbacks and just sing...My Splawn sounds awesome through these cabs too....

IMHO - the Bogner Oversize 2x12 & 4x12 are the finest cabs out there...the tone and size of sound from a single 2x12 is awesome.

Steve E

Comment

Originally posted by fritzreiser:
                Tim,

Is that a Splawn head you got there?
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Tims Marshall is modded by Mark Cameron. I had a demo over the phone and it sounded killer!
                You guys have got me really cravin' an XTC 101B!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                I played one like Speed monkey's at a guitar show once, it was hooked up thought a Bogner 2X12 w/ Vintage 30s and it sounded great!! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                Guess I'll have to sell off some of the guitar collection to afford one! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Thats correct. The Marshall was modded by Mark Cameron. I have another one on the way from him. He is the Marshall Mod King!

Comment

Steve E - you got the gold logo head? Oh, la, la! If you ever want to trade let me know. Mine is newer and cleaner, but there was something about that gold logo'ed head's tone that was just "it" for me. As I said, very Acceptish, which is what I am striving for. My head is a little more compressed and a little more sizzly than that one.

Yeah, I played the 100 also, it was serial number 3, previously owned by Lynch. Very cool head. I wanted a 100 very badly at one time. Alas, I like the features of the 101b better and also the FX loop is much better on the newer heads. As I play with FX, it is important to me. Maybe not so important to other players.

I live in Portland. BroFF has mentioned you to me several times in emails. I have been to his house many, many times but not at all for the last couple of years. We meet at local shows sometimes, the last being G3 a little while back. I am stoked to hear his Cameron Marshall when he gets it. That thing oughta smoke. If it does Accept I might just have to get one myself! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Charvel Pointy Head, I do not have a tweed box, just the tweed logo section. My head was originally tweed, but I bought a metal grille and installed it. So, I have the tweed portion on my wall as an ornament. I think I'll keep it so if I ever sell my head I can put the tweed back on and keep the metal grille.

Comment

How well does the 101B / classic version of the xtc handle shredding?

Comment

How well does the 101B / classic version of the xtc handle shredding?

I'll let you know Friday [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I live in Portland. BroFF has mentioned you to me several times in emails. I have been to his house many, many times but not at all for the last couple of years. We meet at local shows sometimes, the last being G3 a little while back. I am stoked to hear his Cameron Marshall when he gets it. That thing oughta smoke. If it does Accept I might just have to get one myself! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey -

I met you at the G3 show when I was with Tim, out in the lobby swilling cheap beer [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Pillsbury Malmsteen fjooking ruled!

I didn't get the gold logo one - but you know what? Mine sounds better than that one [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Word.

Steve E

Comment

Yep, you're right. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Forgive me, my wife agreed to drive that night so I was feeling no pain before we even left my house. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Mine is the Metal Grill option, I got it from Tim Rose

Did you get Tim's Ecstacy that had a gold logo? A fairly early one? If so, that head sounded fantastic and is the reason I bought mine. When I played thru that head I couldnt beleieve it. That one in particular sounded very mean and thick. It made me think of Accept Balls To The Wall tone, which is one of my faves.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, that's my amp now. It definitely rocks. I just wish I had the cane grill. Sounds like this particular amp has a rep. Maybe since it's a good one, I should not mess w/ changing the grill

Comment

Originally posted by charvel pointy head:
                                Yeah, that's my amp now. It definitely rocks. I just wish I had the cane grill. Sounds like this particular amp has a rep. Maybe since it's a good one, I should not mess w/ changing the grill [/QB]
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">DO NOT CHANGE THE GRILL!!!! you will forever change the way it sounds because of resonant metal activity and all that crap [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Seriously, your amp kicks ass and made me hunt down mine...don't ever let that one out of your sight...

Steve E

Comment

Working...
                                X