Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Twister Poweramp just about done... pic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twister Poweramp just about done... pic!

3 raging watts, 6V6 powered, has a vintage tweed style preamp. Grind controls preamp gain on amp, back jack disconnects the front input and makes it work like a power amp. Volume controls overall loudness, and Master is a power soak/attenuator.

Just got my front plate screen printed, now to tighten it up a bit, final tweaks and send it to Fritz. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Re: Twister Poweramp just about done... pic!

I love the USAF theme on it. That would look wicked in a diamond plate rack! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Very nice Pete! It's simple yet gets the point across doesn't it? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Dave->
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

It looks awesome. Love the military theme. I want one. [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87:
          It looks awesome. Love the military theme. I want one. [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Scott, I can build ya one! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

That looks kick ass!

Comment

Nicely done Pete! When will you post some clips?

Comment

Thanks guys. Here's a clip I posted in the mp3 section not long ago... it's this amp with a Boss Super Overdrive in front of it.

http://members.cox.net/musicfiles/bluedream.mp3

Pete

Comment

Server's busy.
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps:
                    Thanks guys. Here's a clip I posted in the mp3 section not long ago... it's this amp with a Boss Super Overdrive in front of it.

http://members.cox.net/musicfiles/bluedream.mp3

Pete
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Very nice clip Pete! I dont who wrote the piece but it sounded very Satriani like, nice and smooth!

Comment

OK I just heard it. Pete, can you make something that sounds like an Uberschall? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Lordofgain:
                        Very nice clip Pete! I dont who wrote the piece but it sounded very Satriani like, nice and smooth!
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">good ears on you! It is a Satch tune. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

That thing sounds great & looks cool, Pete. How loud did you record it?

btw, you mentioned something about a high gain project in the other thread....... [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG:
                          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Lordofgain:
                          Very nice clip Pete! I dont who wrote the piece but it sounded very Satriani like, nice and smooth!
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">good ears on you! It is a Satch tune. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

That thing sounds great & looks cool, Pete. How loud did you record it?

btw, you mentioned something about a high gain project in the other thread....... [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
                          </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep, the high gain amp goes into 'high gear' after Fritz gets his poweramp shipped. Thanks for the kudos... it was recorded at loud TV volume. My wife was watching TV in another room with the door open, as a matter of fact [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

fun little amp, at first I thought they were model decals. This reminds me of a Trace TVT9 I used to have tone wise, but the clean is more transparent. Typically low watt stuff like this was plug n go for most amp makers which is cool. Have any future plans on experiemting with a version with a 3-4 band EQ?

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy:
                              fun little amp, at first I thought they were model decals. This reminds me of a Trace TVT9 I used to have tone wise, but the clean is more transparent. Typically low watt stuff like this was plug n go for most amp makers which is cool. Have any future plans on experiemting with a version with a 3-4 band EQ?
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">When you add eq you're adding signal loss. An amp like this that is really simple wouldn't sound as good with it... the idea behind this is to get the 'most tone' out of the components. The high gain amp I'm getting ready to really start on will have a 3-band eq, and can be dialled in for a clean tone. It's also going to have 4-5 gain stages : )

Pete

Comment

Working...
                              X