Line 6 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Line 6 Question

for what it's worth, i thought the duoverb had some cool sounds. yes the amp had no effects and was noisy, but i really did like the sound of the recto and slo running together. 2 amp models at once=awesome!!!

Comment

I think the HD147 sounds the best of all the Line 6 stuff.

Shawn
      Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

I use a Podxt, into a stereo power amp, then into a stereo 4x12. So far, I have been very happy with the tones and don't find myself using my other amps too much.

Comment

I agree with Shawn. I play a Flextone HD and am very happy with it but the HD147 rules. It not only looks great but it sounds even better.

Comment

Vetta II user... Troy From Vent went to the HD147 and was happier with it than his recto at least originally no idea how he feels now... I want a powerball but I love my vetta....
            I keep the bible in a pool of blood
            So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Originally posted by hammer:
              Not to start a pissing match but the Duoverb uses the same amp algorithms as the vetta. It flopped because it was way to much money for its limited number of amp models and no efx. If you use just a few models and don't care about efx being built in the Duo is a great deal at the close-out price. You get two amps at once which I use a lot on the Vetta and adds much flexibility.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, probably - I don't use the Vetta though, so maybe I should only comment on the Flex III. But there was something about it I didn't like. I use mostly the Modern High Gain channel, and it just didn't sound as good on the Duoverb as it does on the Flextone. I also never really got a blend of amps I cared for very much. The Flextone was really a better amp IMHO.

Comment

I played around with the HD147. I thought it was a great "Metal" amp. Lotsa Hi-Gain tone for a really good price.

But, I needed more variety, while I like Metal and Hard Rock, I like other sounds as well.

I then fooled around with the SpiderII. Again I thought Line 6 did a pretty good job with the modeling, but the amp was pretty limited in pro features, like FX loop and direct outs.

I ended up with a FlexIII Plus and I'm really getting into it. A great "Swiss Army Knife" of tone in a 150 Watt Stereo package (If you add a Cab).

I like all the tones pretty much, from the "sounds similar" Matchless to the "OMG, is that real??" SLO.

Maybe I'm not that picky, but even the few models that are not as "close" as I'd like, are good enough for most uses and certainly non-detectable for the average listener.

Combined with the new firmware update, this amp is an amazing value.

The newly updated Marshall Models are amazing.

The new JCM800 is a fantastic trip into 80s Hi-Gain Metal (Think Freewheel Burning)

Comment

The Marshalls are the weakest part of the HD147, I hope there is a firmware update coming..Other than that, I am completely happy as I can be at any price (HD147 thru a 1960a). I have spent THOUSANDS going from head to head, but for HOME use, I think the HD is the ultimate setup. With the Line 6 edit software, I can sit down at the puter, and at my fingertips, I have every deep editing feature available at the click of the mouse, while the amp and cab are at the other end of the room.

Again, I have really tried to outdo this HD by the way of many other amps, and I have always failed.

Shawn
                  Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by chris_olson:
                    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by hammer:
                    Not to start a pissing match but the Duoverb uses the same amp algorithms as the vetta. It flopped because it was way to much money for its limited number of amp models and no efx. If you use just a few models and don't care about efx being built in the Duo is a great deal at the close-out price. You get two amps at once which I use a lot on the Vetta and adds much flexibility.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, probably - I don't use the Vetta though, so maybe I should only comment on the Flex III. But there was something about it I didn't like. I use mostly the Modern High Gain channel, and it just didn't sound as good on the Duoverb as it does on the Flextone. I also never really got a blend of amps I cared for very much. The Flextone was really a better amp IMHO. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually the Duoverb was teh same technology as the Vetta 1.00 software teh 1.10 surpassed it. The current POD XT Flextone HD and vetta 2 is well past the Duoverb in technology but the Duoverb was the only other amp to be inline technologically with the Vetta because the Flex II was based off the POD 2.0 technology
                    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
                    X