Chicago area amp service center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago area amp service center

I'm going to be putting in some new power tubes in my TSL100 and I've decided it's probally better to have a tech bias the head. Can anyone recommend a place that can can do this. I live in the Lockport/Joliet area.

thanks!

joe...
    www.godwentpunk.com
    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Re: Chicago area amp service center

joe there is a good guy in clarendon hills that I take my stuff too but I would suggest Victoria amplifiers. Mark has a Marshall Tech come in once a week and he is closer to you he is in south Naperville I think off of 95th street

http://www.guitaramplifierblueprinti...Victoria1.html

that has his email address and the phonebook has his # and street address. I have never been there actually but I have talked to him. I have my local guy
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Just found his #

Call Victoria Amp Co. at (630)369-3527
      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Hmmm...

I've got an ADA MP-2 and an Alesis Quadraverb GT that the displays are going fizzle-fry on, I wonder if he'd take those in... I'll have to give him a call.
        Occupy JCF

Comment

The TSL is very easy to bias if you have a voltmeter. I have direction for it on my site under the Tech Links. FJA Mods
          Jerry
          FJA Mods YouTube

Comment

Thanks, I'll give Mark a call.

I did just get off the phone with a guy from Music Custom Electronics and I told him I was looking at getting JJ tubes and he completly trashed those tubes. Of course, he wants me to by his (Electro Harmonics) tubes. It seems that a lot of people from this board like JJ but he said that they were sub-standard POS tubes. I've only read 1 posting saying the JJs were bad and that was on a 5150. I guess, each to his own.

joe...
            www.godwentpunk.com

Comment

Jerry,

Ok, got my new JJ tubes and I want to try to bias this thing myself. I went to your web site and looked at your instructions for my TSL. My only concern here is I'm not sure how to set my DMM. I have a link to the one I own http://168.avalonrise.com/catalog/pr...roducts_id=168

Can you or any one whos done this before tell me where I need to point the dial to read mV?

thanks

joe...

[ June 12, 2004, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: GodWentPUNK ]
              www.godwentpunk.com

Comment

I replied to your PM.
                Jerry
                FJA Mods YouTube

Comment

Working...