Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rectifier problem

Hi,

I have a problem with my Dual Rectifier Trem-O-Verb.
    When I play it on the clean channel, it jumps to a louder, distorted tone for a while, then jumps to clean again. It's not an other channel. When I switch to the high gain channel it's sounds normal, with the volume I dialed in and so. And when I go back to the clean it's normal again (for a while).
    So I don't think it's tube-based, I got them out of the amp and put them back in since I thought it might be some dust or so. Seems it's just something with the clean channel.
    It's very annoying and since I want to sell it, I want to get it fixed.
    Hopefully you guys can help me fix it.

Thanks

Re: Rectifier problem

anybody please? [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow, nobody answered? [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] That sucks. Try PMing Twisteramps.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I had the sameproblem with a tremoverb... What mine ended being a bad reverb tank and the socket on one of my preamp tubes was bad the cold solder joint was wrong and it was shorting not sure of teh technical terms but that sounds almost identical to my problem. The Reverb tank was causing feedback but the bad solder joint was causing the amp to distort on one of the clean preamp tubes... I don't know if that is your problem but maybe?
        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

probably! don't have any feedbackproblems though.
          Was it easy to fix? Did it cost a lot?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Iced Dragon:

thanks
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You just drop a little zinc on the cold joint and that's it.

Comment

the feedback was from the bad reverb tank which I doubt you have a problem with just happened to be 2 problems on mine. It cost me $100 to get a new tank and the joint fixed...
              I keep the bible in a pool of blood
              So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal:
                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Iced Dragon:

thanks
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You just drop a little zinc on the cold joint and that's it. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Any idea how to find out wich socket's the bad one?

Comment

Working...
                X