Engl Fireball/Uberkab Clip!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engl Fireball/Uberkab Clip!!

This song was done by my friend Chris Schmitt using the lead channel of the Engl Fireball.The back track rhythm is a POD as are any harmonies you hear. The lead playing is all Fireball and I recorded it single tracked dual mic'd using my Uber kab and his Parker Fly Guitar.Check it out and let me know what you think.

http://www.rocksolidamps.com/MP3/Fireball%20Jeff.mp3

Derek

Re: Engl Fireball/Uberkab Clip!!

Cool job as always Derek!Now I just need an ubercab to have that awesome tone! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ...wait..I don't have enough money yet [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool Song Derek! I especially like the Bass Drum Sound. Is this a sample? would like to have it...

Comment

Thanks alot Mordor for checking it out.

Reprieve, The back track was done by chris as well and the Bass is real but the drum's are sampled and I don't have a copy of the backing presently to be able to send to you. Sorry man. Thanks for checking it out too.

Derek

Comment

That's a really good clip. Every clip I've heard of an Engl is killer. I just got a Bogner XTC and I'm using a MESA straight trad. cab, while good, my first impression is that it is a bit scooped souding, (hollow), but full at the same time. As I said I literally just got this amp yesterday so I must explore but again, my first inclination is that I'll be looking for a cab that complements the amp spot on. Tell me about the Uberkab and others,(speakers/cabs), you may have tried. SpeedMonkey really seems to like the Bogner 2x12 oversized cabs.

Comment

I guess it would help to describe the tone I want....Clarity , not overly powerful mids although punchy...BIG clear bass.....

Comment

Sounds really good! nice tune

Comment

Originally posted by Tooling:
                That's a really good clip. Every clip I've heard of an Engl is killer. I just got a Bogner XTC and I'm using a MESA straight trad. cab, while good, my first impression is that it is a bit scooped souding, (hollow), but full at the same time. As I said I literally just got this amp yesterday so I must explore but again, my first inclination is that I'll be looking for a cab that complements the amp spot on. Tell me about the Uberkab and others,(speakers/cabs), you may have tried. SpeedMonkey really seems to like the Bogner 2x12 oversized cabs.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey Tooling thank's for checking out the clips I appreciate it.IMO the best cab that compliment's the XTC is the Bogner Standard loaded with either V30's Greenback's or G-12 H30's.I also prefer the standard over the Uber Kab for the most part and I just got the cab to have something a little different than the Usual all v30 loaded cab's. The standard cab is much more focused than the Uber and not as boomy.

Derek

Comment

Tooling,

Actually after reading your 2nd post the Uber cab might just be for you.

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by Jon:
                    Sounds really good! nice tune
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks alot for checking it out Jon.

Derek

Comment

Thats a really great clip, and sounds to be a really great amp and tone. It's nice to hear sound clips of these amps that you can understand the playing and beable to hear the true quality of the amps clarity, ect. Great playing also!

Comment

Hey Derek,

Thanks for the replies, after I had posted I realized I basically hijacked your thread. I should have started a new thread regarding my Q'.
                        Thanks again for the input though, that really is a cool clip and great tone.

Comment

holy crap! not only is that good tone but damn! this is a good tune man! did you write this?

fuckin great music! great playing too! you got a killer right hand

Comment

Originally posted by PallarAndersVisa:
                            holy crap! not only is that good tone but damn! this is a good tune man! did you write this?

fuckin great music! great playing too! you got a killer right hand
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks for checking it out. It's not me playing but my friend Chris Schmitt. I just recorded it.

Derek

Comment

That's a really good sounding clip! And the tone that you get from the amp is nice, too. It's got a lot of sustain but still has a lot of definition. Also, the harmony parts sound very full - sometimes, putting two or more tracks of harmony together can end up sounding very thin.

Overall, great job and thanks for sharing the tune.
                              Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Working...
                              X