Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Engl Fireball/Uberkab Clip!!

Originally posted by John D.:
    That's a really good sounding clip! And the tone that you get from the amp is nice, too. It's got a lot of sustain but still has a lot of definition. Also, the harmony parts sound very full - sometimes, putting two or more tracks of harmony together can end up sounding very thin.

Overall, great job and thanks for sharing the tune.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks alot for the compliment's John. I realy appreciate you checking it our.

Derek

Comment

The guys before me have said enough good things about it and it's all true. Great tune with a killer tone. Two thumbs up!

Comment

Originally posted by metafaza:
        The guys before me have said enough good things about it and it's all true. Great tune with a killer tone. Two thumbs up!
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I appreciate you checking it out Metafaza. Thanks alot.

Regards,
        Derek

Comment

Very nice clip. That made up my mind. I will be purchasing my ENGL Fireball head this summer. Thanks for posting that clip.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarshreddar666:
            Very nice clip. That made up my mind. I will be purchasing my ENGL Fireball head this summer. Thanks for posting that clip.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks for checking out the clip.

Derek

Comment

Man that is really well done Derek. I love it!

Chuck
              "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Great clip man. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I'm new to recording myself, and I am very impressed with the sound of your clip. It sounds like a pro recording. Do you have any tips for miking a guitar cab? I haven't tried 2 mikes yet. I just use one mike and move it around until I get something that doesn't sound horrible. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by Chasbo:
                  Man that is really well done Derek. I love it!

Chuck
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks alot for listening Chuck. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler:
                    Great clip man. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I'm new to recording myself, and I am very impressed with the sound of your clip. It sounds like a pro recording. Do you have any tips for miking a guitar cab? I haven't tried 2 mikes yet. I just use one mike and move it around until I get something that doesn't sound horrible. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks Zeegler.I'm a recording novice as well and your already doing what I would suggest. Move the mic around until it sound's good to you that's exactly what I do and I do it with a pair of good headphones(Sennheiser ???)I forgot the model but thay really are killer for keeping out outside noise and I can crank my amp's and still hear what's going on no problem. Another thing to consider is getting a good mic preamp they make a huge difference. I use the digidesign M-box with built in Focustites in it. If you have anymore question's let me know. BTW the back track behind the lead's and harmonies was done at Chris's home studio using a POD.

Derek

Comment

WOW! Sounds fantastic. Great job.

Comment

Impressive playing too.

Comment

Originally posted by sworn_enemy:
                          Impressive playing too.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">something you wont find on a sworn enemy concert [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks alot for schecking it out. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Derek

Comment

The funny thing is I really don't like sworn enemy the band very much....just the name. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by DerekB:
                                Move the mic around until it sound's good to you that's exactly what I do and I do it with a pair of good headphones(Sennheiser ???)I forgot the model but thay really are killer for keeping out outside noise and I can crank my amp's and still hear what's going on no problem.

Derek
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's probably what I really need right now. The headphones we are using are absolute shit. They are held together with tape, and they don't stay snug against the ears, so we have to wear a big woolly hat to hold them on. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm going to take some pics of us wearing them. You'll have a good laugh.
                                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
                                X