Suggest a Delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Suggest a Delay

I use a Roland SDE-1000, or a Roland SDE-3000. The first is about $100 on ebay, I am not sure how much you want to spend. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

thanks! i'll look into it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I love my DD5. They cost a bit more than the Ibanez, but they are much better quality. I like the DD5 better than the DD6, and many of the pros I work for use a DD5 too. They do cost more than the Ibanez, but the DD5 is a piece of gear that you most likely will not grow out of. Plus since you can only buy them used, it won't depreciate in value if you do decide to sell it.

Comment

I too have a 5150 combo, and i just bought a DD3 off ebay...should be here tomorrow...Its been my experience that pedals sound way different thru the 5150 than thru other amps. I'll let ya know if it sounds shitty, if you care [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

do you like the DD3?
            i got the DE7...and it sounds really good [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I like the DD3 myself. It does everything a digital delay pedal should do.

Comment

Stay Away from the Line6 delays, they suck!!!!!!

Regarding delays the choices are limited.
                The best ever is without a doubt the TC 2290.
                Also the old lexi's are good, like a PCM 41 or 42.
                In the budget range I'd go for a symetrix 606 or a TC D2, and you can't lose with an eventide (not a budget machine, but ok). Anything from the 3000 series upward is very good. These can be found nowadays for 800 dollars or so.
                I just sold my D/SE and am GASsing on an eclipse!!
                Pedalwise, maybe the T-rex delay?

Cheers,

Leon..

Comment

well i already got the Ibanez one.....but thanks.. i'll keep it in mind when this one gets broken [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by El Bastardo:
                    Stay Away from the Line6 delays, they suck!!!!!!
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, they don't suck. They do sound better in the effects loop than in front of the amp like Line 6 suggests. Though, I have noticed the level is a little low when used through the loop. I've had this problem on both the DL4 and MM4 I have. Both are fine sounding pedals, though, with plenty of great sounds to get the job done.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                    X