Distortion, Heads and Cabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distortion, Heads and Cabs

Well there are a few questions as I'm not all that familier with gear.

I have a Spider 1 by line 6 and I like the insane channel alot becuase in my mind gets a very smooth sort of sound (Such as the tone used by People Like Steve Vai and others) with the drive up high and can also be good for Blues and such with it down.

But my point is the gain is just coming from the amp when I use it and I know most players use a stomp box for there gain, but I don't really like the 'type' of distortion I've got from other stomp boxes. I don't even like the other settings on Spider that much either and end up just useing very clean to a little bit of gain to as much as possible, I have played the amp loud as well and whislt that helps I still favour the settings I've descriped.

Sorry this is turning out to be a pretty long post but still, The Question is I would quite like to get an all tube amp for all the reason one would, And was wondering which would get me the closet to the sort of gain on the Insane channel (Sorry no clips, So if you have expencine that probably helps). I mean it's not a huge problem as I can already get the sound I like but just curios, Also could the Spider be used as a Cab for a head by a differant make or is that just silly?

Thanks for any help.

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Re: Distortion, Heads and Cabs

I'm certain that you'll get a lot of opinions from the people around here, but it might help if you could make your needs a litle more specific. Are you looking for a head and a cab? A combo amp? Do you have a price range in mind? Do you want an amp with just one high-gain channel or do you want more than one channel? Are you looking for a used amp or a new one?
    Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Working...
    X