New Dimebag Warhead X2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Dimebag Warhead X2

Anyone see these or try them yet? Seems pretty cool. http://www.randallamplifiers.com/pro.../warheadx2.asp
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Re: New Dimebag Warhead X2

Can't wait to hear the "Fry" channel [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

this amps looks cool (haven't heard it so i cannot say anything about the sound ) , nice fresh look , not another marshall/boogie copy

Comment

I saw your subject line and thought you'd bought 2 of them. Stereo Warheads!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Stereo Warheads would be pretty cool! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I can't wait to hear the "fry" channel either.

Comment

has anyone here played the warhead v.1 ? how was it ?

Comment

Ive tried the !st war head and terrible is to good a word to describe it. However they say the version that came out after it sounded much better and supposedly the new X2 is going to be sick as heck. I'm looking forward to trying it myself. I have a SS head and cab coming in this week or next to try out by ISP Technologies called the Theta/Vector which consist's of a 300 watt SS head and a 400 watt powered cab cab that has 1 x 15" and 2x12"s. Heres a pic and as soon as it come sin I'll post a review.

Derek

Comment

Hey Derek,
                I bought my entire PA setup from ISP, top notch stuff. They have great customer service and Buck Waller is a great guy.

He asked me if I wanted to try out the Vector but I already was set with my Vetta.

I can't wait to hear the review !!

Comment

I have had a warhead for a few years. I personally like how the first one sounds. A local electronic shop broke some things on inside when I took it in to replace the input so I stopped playing it and bought a flextone II head. The warhead sounds nice. Pretty good mids, could use more lows, but with all the different knobs and stuff you can pretty much get any sound you want... it's all a matter of dialing it up.
                  Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
                  The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

Originally posted by DerekB:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wow, that's pretty sweet! That's like my dream cabinet, 1x15" and 2x12". [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Damn you for giving me more GAS!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I look forward to hearing your review.

BTW, what's the street price on those going to be?

[ May 25, 2004, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]

Comment

anybody heard some clips of that warheads ( 1 or 2)?? i cannot find anyone , dimebag recorded only damageplan with warhead x2 and the rest was recorded mainly with centuries [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

wasn't scott Ian using warheads ( or warhead cabs ?), i think i saw him in an ad sitting before a wall of warheads or sth like that ? if yes then which recordings ?

Comment

I thought I saw pics of Scott using one of the XL series... either the Cyclone, the VMax or the Titan. Not sure which one offhand, but it definitely wasn't the Warhead. Maybe he's used one of those, too. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

I've personally never played one, but I've read some crappy reviews about it... a couple saying that it had a tendency to get very hot and catch fire/blow up. I've also heard people say it was a very good amp. I guess there's some good ones and bad ones out there.

Comment

it had a tendency to get very hot and catch fire/blow up.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That could be a problem. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by skarhead:
                              this amps looks cool (haven't heard it so i cannot say anything about the sound ) , nice fresh look , not another marshall/boogie copy
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I beg to differ here, this amp isn't exactly the latest or best looking or amp I have ever seen.

The snot green turns me off and the metal front panel has been done many many times before. Does Dime even want his name on this amp??? I bet he's embarassed.

[img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

Needless to say I won't be running to my local GC to play with this snotty SS, even for "5 minutes alone".

Personally I think the "Fry" channel is quite fitting if these have a tendency to "catch fire and explode" like the old version.

Sebastian Bach : "Now THAT'S Metal!"

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X