VHT vs Mesa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VHT vs Mesa

I'm looking into some 2x12 cabs...now its between the VHT Fat Bottom 212 or the Horizontal Mesa Recto 2x12. Opinions?

Re: VHT vs Mesa

The Mesa vertical 2x12's are really nice cabs, they sound fantastic, not sure if you had considered this one....very nice cabs, especially for home.

Comment

The Mesa vertical 2x12's are really nice cabs, they sound fantastic, not sure if you had considered this one....very nice cabs, especially for home.

Comment

i have a mesa vertical 2x12 recto and LOVE IT!!!!!
        its my favorite cab period!
        ~JW
        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I like the VHT cabs more. The Mesa cabs are just too stiff; they don't breathe enough and kill off too many of the upper mid & low treble frequencies which results in the "blanket over your speakers" tone to my ears. The VHT cabs just sound much more balanced, richer, and more 3-Dimensional.

Comment

I assume you tried the GenzBenz 2X12 G-flex?
            I really like mine.

Comment

Referring to the vertical Mesa 2x12 I plugged...I must say that I never have played with one of the VHT cabs so my assesment is a bit tainted.

Comment

I would love to try a GenzBenz 2x12 Cab, they look cool, and I want to hear one [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

I asked the same question a while back and ended up getting a genz benz 2-12. It sounds fantastic and its got a good look too.

Comment

Working...
                  X