Warren Haynes modded SLO 100?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warren Haynes modded SLO 100?

I've read that Warren Haynes of Gov't Mule/Allman Bros. uses a modded Soldano SLO 100. What kind of mod did he have done to it exactly?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Re: Warren Haynes modded SLO 100?

The one mod I've heard of is the bright cap being removed. That's what I've always heard refered to as the Warren Haynes mod.
    Jerry
    FJA Mods YouTube

Comment

Cool, thanks! I did just read something about his mods sound warmer, so that makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
        Cool, thanks! I did just read something about his mods sound warmer, so that makes sense.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't know if this is what you read, but here's the info on the mod from Soldano's site:

"The Warren Haynes mod is a bright switch for the overdrive channel. It takes away top end, and gives the amp more of a "rounded" tone, but only in low gain settings, between approximately 1 and 4. The switch doesn't add bottom end, it just removes top end, which may make it sound "bassier"."
        Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Actually, I forget where I read it, but it wasn't on Soldano's site. I didn't even think of checking there! D'OH!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Thanks.

Comment

Is there a site where I can check some MP3s of SLO?
            I am interested in.
            [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X