It's finished!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It\'s finished!!

That cabinet looks friggin outstanding. Very nice job. Your last name looks really cool too. That must be one of those "boutique" cabinets!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

This cabinet looks great! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey guys, thanks again for the kudos.

I gotta say that, the advice I got from everyone on here was invaluable.

Tom - Most of my plans were drawn on the back of envelopes or napkins. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] However, I have some preliminary CAD drawing that I didn't finish. If you want them, I can finish them up, and get them to you.

Junior - They are Madison Symphony G12K85s. I got them super cheap. I'm very impressed, despite what people told me to expect.

John D - That's my last name. Birkbeck.

JGCable - Thanks John! Wait 'til you see the head. Thanks for the help too. I thought it looked a little "boutiquey" myself. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I think the logo turned out really well. I picked that font because it looks kinda like printed circuit or something.

For my next project, I'll be building an amplifier from scratch.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Really High quality job [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] (none can do better care at details/design/crafmanship than you when you build for yoursefl).
          BTW, did U read about my power tranny burned? Today after work I'll order the building for a new improved one.
          Unfortunately this will delay founds for the red re-tolexed matching 1/2 stack proyect [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

That looks 100% professional. I love the nameplate. It's very stylish and, again, looks entirely professional. How did you create that? Is it a sticker on a metal plate, or something else?

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver:
              That looks 100% professional. I love the nameplate. It's very stylish and, again, looks entirely professional. How did you create that? Is it a sticker on a metal plate, or something else?
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's actually like pickguard material. The top is black, but the bottom layer is white. The top is engraved through to the second layer where the text is. Just a regular plastic sign. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That looks great! My Rand would look good in front of it! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler:
                  Put it this way, I never thought I would find a cab that I liked more than my Peavey Butcher, [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I used to be the proud owner of a Butcher, quite the amp!

However as all big boys do I grew up and got the EVH special, no need for my old Boss HM-2 anymore [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

BTW nice axe Ron my viking bro! Is that the "double rhoads" where both wings are longer than a KV? Sure looks like it [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] (please don't post that d'uh pic [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'd rather see the barre chord pose [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    Ha ha KP, don't worry, bro...as soon as I get it in my paws, I'll bring out my Rhoads and my King V and do some size comparos. From reviewing the pics I have (and believe me, I have looked at my Rand pics a LOT) - it sure looks big though, huh!

Comment

The "wings" on that Rand appear to be at least 2 inches longer than those of a Jackson King V.

Comment

Yeah bro, sweet axe for sure!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Send me some more pics [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, how about we stop hijacking zeeg's thread? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Go here:

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...;f=16;t=001208

Comment

Hehe, sorry zeeg!

[img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X