The best 1x12 cab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best 1x12 cab?

So I'm in the market for a 1x12 cab that I can use with my new rack setup. I wish I could have a 4x12 right now, but I just don't have the room for it.

Are there any better 1x12 cabs that can be powered at 8 ohms, than the Mesa 1x12 extension cab that they sell?

Re: The best 1x12 cab?

Black Mariah can custom make you one.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Mesa makes a wide varietky of 1x12" cabinets, and they're all different. I've got two Mesa 1x12s - a 1x12" Widebody 3/4 Back and a 1x12" Recto... The Recto is super-punchy with really tight bass response, and the 3/4 is HUGE sounding - like a 2x12" or 4x12" almost, it seems so big... I run them simultaneously and the sound is awesome - I don't push as much air as a 4x12", but I've got killer tone! The Mesa cabs are easier on the back than a 4x12" too! (but not as much easier as you might think or I'd like)...

Comment

Originally posted by Jimi D:
        Mesa makes a wide varietky of 1x12" cabinets, and they're all different. I've got two Mesa 1x12s - a 1x12" Widebody 3/4 Back and a 1x12" Recto... The Recto is super-punchy with really tight bass response, and the 3/4 is HUGE sounding - like a 2x12" or 4x12" almost, it seems so big... I run them simultaneously and the sound is awesome - I don't push as much air as a 4x12", but I've got killer tone! The Mesa cabs are easier on the back than a 4x12" too! (but not as much easier as you might think or I'd like)...
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Which would you recommend ?

Comment

Originally posted by PaddoK:
          Which would you recommend ?
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Either, both, whatever... I like 'em pretty much equally well. You'll have to decide based on your needs and your ears... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Marshall also makes or at least used to make the 1912 cab, a 1x12 closed-back cab with an 8 ohm 150 watt Celestion in it. It's definitely got some punch, but because of its closed-back design, the sound is very focused and not as dispersed as a 4x12, or an open-back cab.
            "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

I have a very smooth sounding Bogner 1 x 12 cube with a vintage 30 in it. Mine is wired for 16 ohms, though.

Comment

Originally posted by fritzreiser:
                I have a very smooth sounding Bogner 1 x 12 cube with a vintage 30 in it. Mine is wired for 16 ohms, though.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That works too!

Comment

Working...
                X