4 x 12 cabinet question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 x 12 cabinet question

I have a Peavey 4 x 12 cabinet that is supposed to be wired in mono for 16 ohms. It has the 25 watt 4 ohm Scorpions in it. It is wired in series. The impedance at the output jack is 13.2 ohms. Is this correct?

Re: 4 x 12 cabinet question

Originally posted by jgcable:
    I have a Peavey 4 x 12 cabinet that is supposed to be wired in mono for 16 ohms. It has the 25 watt 4 ohm Scorpions in it. It is wired in series. The impedance at the output jack is 13.2 ohms. Is this correct?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That sounds about right. Speaker impedence is going to be higher than measured impedence. A 4 ohm cab usually reads around 3.

Pete

Comment

Re: 4 x 12 cabinet question

Thanks Pete, I don't want to cook my new Soldano.
      I bought the Soldano mainly because of the kick ass Randall cabinet I have with the 2 x 12 Altec Lansing 300w whiteframes in it. Although they are marked 8 ohms I measured them and they are 4 ohms which means I can't use them with my Soldano because the most I can get out of them is 8 ohms. Actually, the cabinet measures 8.7 homs. I guess I will have to use that cabinet with the Mesa Studio 22 as an extension cabinet. This impedance thing really screws me up.

Comment

Working...
      X