Mesa Rectoverb 50 Watt Combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Rectoverb 50 Watt Combo

Are these any good, they look sweet!! Have enough gain to play Metal? how much are these things worth used in excellent condition? Thanks-Jack.

Re: Mesa Rectoverb 50 Watt Combo

I had a 100watt tremoverb combo and sounded killer.A lot of bottom and killer distortion.
    Not sure the 50watt rectoverb but these Mesa combo are great.

Comment

Thanks man!! It has 2 6L6s for sure. 50 watts will be enough as I already have a 120 Watt VHT Pittbull CLX 100 combo [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Thanks-Jack.

Comment

Hi Jack, funny you mentioned about VHT, because I also have VHT classic combo from 93.
        It's a great amp.I can play my strat with single coils and still sounds fat.
        [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

ya man, the VHTs are built so well it is scary. Do you have the built in Graphic EQ, mine has it, and frankly, I don`t think I could do without it, great feature. What`s your Serial #? Is yours the CLX with the 3 channels?Jack.

Comment

Mine does have the Graphic EQ but I never use them.
            Don't know why but I am never able to get them sound right with it.
            Mine is 930020.
            I sometimes use it as a head and use my 4x12.

Comment

Mine is the 32 one made, yours is #20, my buddy just sold the 7th one ever made!! They fetch a very high price right now, a highly prized combo right now, but mine is priceless. I love the Graphic EQ, but I alwasy have it V`d anyway, scooped to the max!! Jack.

Comment

I don't know what they go for, but since nobody mentioned it yet, the Rectoverbs are simply Single Rectifiers with reverb.

Comment

I used to own a 50 watt rectoverb. It was a cool amp. I would still have it but it was a pain to carry places because it has only one handle right on the top. I traded it to get a single rectifier head. The rectoverb is pretty cool, I enjoyed it.
                  I put it on top of a Genz Benz 2x12 and that really gave it some more balls. A good EQ really helps too. Gives it more of an edge and sharpens it a bit. I hope Ive helped.

Comment

Working...
                  X