Single rectifier oppinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Single rectifier oppinions

What ever u do, don't get the DSL, i have it and it sounds like a tin can, by its self(good for other stuff) but not for any type of good crunch or metal. I don't like mine at all

Comment

would the tsl be any different?

Comment

I think i might just spend the extra few hundred and go for a dual rectifier. But im afraid that i may sound like every other nu-metal chump thats got one these days. Could i really tweak a unique sound into a mesa, any mesa for that matter?

Comment

No, you will sound like every other chump who plays a Dual Rectifier but I don't know if that is a bad thing. Most Dual Recitifer players are not chumps. There are plenty of amps around in your price range. The Soldano HR50, some killer Laney and Randalls, the HD147, Peavey JSX, Carvin Legacy along with that killer Gambale processor.
          A few of our JCF brothers are selling some killer gear. I recently saw an HD147 and a Vetta in your price range and they even come with the foot controllers. I will tell you what... it the Vetta head doesn't totally blow you away I will ve very surprised. It is friggin amazing. It kills any dual or triple rectifier that I have ever owned or played throug. If you wanta tube amp only for a killer punch and a brutal gut wrenching sound I would suggest you seriously look at the 5150. It is the only amp comparable to a Soldano which IMHO has the best all around metal sound that I have ever heard.

Comment

Has anyone had any experience with the lee jackson perfect connection preamp? I know that alexi laiho uses it in children of bodom. Are there any amps that would give me a similar sound to the perfect connection, because its kind of tough to track one of these down. Could a mesa give me that same cranked mids sound if tweaked right?

Comment

I started with a TSL and went to a DSL. I liked the TSL better. At volume that beast comes alive.

Comment

Working...
              X