Building a tube amp. Questions----->

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Building a tube amp. Questions----->

Well, I'm not trying to take anything away from your accomplishment - as a matter of fact, it just points out what a difficult thing you did and how rare IMHO it is for someone to do that much by themselves.

Necessity is the mother of invention, but you went the extra mile. Very cool, and I'm glad your project went well. We want sound clips! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Originally posted by CZ V-KNIGHT:
    Ok Pete, you've got your point, not a simple task at all. Some skills are required, but by walkin you make your path.
    Coulden't get VATECS anywere.
    SO I ALSO MADE THEM MYSELF. After a day of tests I came out with an optoacoupler better than original VATEC (sealed in epoxi putty [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ). Just an example to show how yor limited resourses push you to achieve your goals OF COURSE WITH LOTS OF EXTRA EFFORT! Would be easier to go to RADI-o-SHAC store and buy them.. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    You need dedication, effort and no givin up (no matter the problems that ALLWAYS come out)attitude to reach your goals.
    BTW. PCB (new process I used. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ), metal chasis, wooden head housing, tolexing, even speaker cab, made it all myself.
    Once again, didn't have the money, and if I would had it, here wouldn´t be available to get. So I HAD TO do it myself.
    The biggest pain in the ass is the fact tha the best tubes i could get were Sovteks [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] . Can't wait till I get enough cash to import JJ's!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

I've never ever recorded anythin with my PC sound board, don't have a mic either [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] . Don't know how would result recording whith one of those cheapo Karaoke mics. Let me see how it gets. (I'll try this weekend)

Comment

Well, I don't feel I'm getting myself in too deep. I'll be pretty much building a kit, except I'll be fabricating some of the parts myself instead of buying everything. I've decided on a JCM800 2203 clone.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I'll be doing the "warm-up" mod, I should mention.

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler:
            Well, I don't feel I'm getting myself in too deep. I'll be pretty much building a kit, except I'll be fabricating some of the parts myself instead of buying everything. I've decided on a JCM800 2203 clone.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">good luck.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps:
              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by zeegler:
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">good luck.

Pete
              </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks Pete! ...I think [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Best wishes, zegg [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                BTW tell me about this mod that you are in. Where did you find it?
                Other, Are you building from a kit or you are going to build PCB, Chasis, Etc?

Comment

Working...
                X