XXX vs Vetta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: XXX vs Vetta

The Vetta does sound good loub but the thing I find is that it gets thinner to me (maybe I just don't tweak it correctly every volume level needs different tweaks) as it gets louder. Running it through a Genz Benz helped fill the room though.... The Tweak though it takes more than a a simple 2 channel tube amp... You spend time getting a great sound but then you bring it and with two guitars your settings are all wrong not all wrong but takes fiddling. I think that is where most of the hate for this amp comes from is the inability for someone to tweak it
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I do agree about that. The one downside of most modeling amps is the fact that you have to set your patches to the approximate level that you will be playing at. If you set your patches at a low bedroom or home practice level and then turn the volume up you have to reset all your patches. It is a drag but if you are into tweaking (like I am) it is no problem at all.

Comment

That is where I think the HD147 excells over the Vetta in a band situation I think it is quicker and more simplistic on the fly to tweak... So many more options with the Vetta though...

Comment

Just because you have all of those options doesn't mean you have to use them. I would rather have them and have the choice to use them or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe:
            How did he close it off?
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Just cut some plywood to size and paint it black. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] If it's something you can't/don't wanna do, try a local amp shop or a handy carpenter friend. There's no magic to it - just makes sure it fits well.

Comment

I'm with the vetta gang.

I have owned my share of tube amps and just about every Line6 amp ( AX2, flex II, flex III, POD, POD XT, and the Vetta ). I would say that my tube amps would sound better at TIMES, but then I would be stuck. No flexability, need someting a little different for the next song, nope must sacifice one need for another.

I owned a Triple X and thought it sounded great, just not enuff flexability for me. Next thing you know your lugging a rack around with you ( never again ).

I don't buy this "Vetta sounds flat or life-less" on a recording. Most crap is so over produced and cut and pasted together that it sucks all the life out of the music.

I'm SO happy with my Vetta/GFlex set up, it just makes me smile every time I look at it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I've found that I need *three* versions of the same patch...

one for direct recording
                one for home recording with a microphone
                one for rehearsal/gig volume

kinda sucks, but a setting that sounds great for one situation usually needs a LOT of tweakery for others. I use a lot more compression for direct tones, cut the high end a bit for mic'd home recording, and cut highs and lows on my patches for live. Most of this can be done with the global controls, but you still need to tweak em for certain jobs.

If you're the type of guy who doesn't care what tubes are in your amp and you're just happy that it comes on and works... stay away from the Vettas! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

Well I've had my Vetta back since Saturday. I picked up a FBV Long Board with case for $300.00 from Daddy's on Sunday morning and played with the amp almost all day. I love this fucking amp!!! I don't know why I ever thought about getting rid of it! I've been bringing some of my guitars home from work to finally try them out through the Vetta (I had only ever had my DR7T with SD Distortion at home since buying the amp) and my LP Classic sounds amazing! The Dirty Fingers in the bridge sounds perfect. It's the tone I've been looking for. Tomorrow I'm gonna plug my SL1 with a SD Custom in the bridge in and see what happens.

Thanks again for all the replies! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I agree joe as some know I have been playing with shedding my vetta but everytime I play it I love it...

Comment

Then why sell???

Comment

Oh I am not selling it... It is staying here

Comment

I just went from Line 6 to the Boss GT-6. Holy shit bro's. The GT-6 is a heavy duty piece of equipment. I am totally blown away.

Comment

I played a Vetta for the first time Saturday.
                            I've had tons of boutique stuff, old fender amps, a couple of modeling amps, etc.

Some of the patches on the Vetta were cheesy but when you found a great basic sound and tweaked it, it sounded awesome. I was impressed.

Comment

To expand on what Dave posted,my bandmate (and best friend for over 27 years) and myself have had just about every type of amp rig. Rack mt, stacks, boutique combo's etc. He is what you would consider a 100% tube snob. He started with a Traynor head, moved to Carvin, then to every Marshall practically ever made and finally settled on Mesa. Dual and Tripls Recto's only. If it didn't have tubes in it he was not interested. He snubbed every type of amp I ever owned. Flextone 1, Flextone 2, Johnson Marquis, Randall SS amps, Ampeg SS140C, Galien Krueger, Hughes & Kettner, a few Marshall Valvestates etc. He would just crank up his Mesa and all was good with the world and I should take my SS or modeling amps and throw them in the lake. After all, according to him, nothing can beat an all tube amp. "Why do you think all the pro's use them?" he would say.
                              Finally, he started coming around after hearing my Flextone HD. Maybe it was all the compliments on my sound. Maybe it was the easy set up. Maybe it was my consistant great tone, maybe it was the versatility. Anyway, I told him just for the heck of it, lets go to East Coast Music and demo a Vetta 2 head. He went with full intentions of hating it because it's a "fake", software, non-tube wannabee. 20 minutes into the demo he left the store, went home and grabbed his brand new 3 channel Triple Rectifier and traded it in for the Vetta 2 head and a longboard (and took a considerable loss on it). Every single day he calls me to tell me how incredible his Vetta 2 and his Mesa boogie 4 x 12 cabinets sound. Every damn day. He gets the best tone I have ever heard from so many different amps its crazy.

Comment

I lied I just sold my Vetta... I will buy another... no question.. I had to fund something else and I know I can always find another vetta.

Comment

Working...
                                X