XXX vs Vetta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: XXX vs Vetta

Sorry to hear that Tetsuo. Hope you get another soon.

Comment

Don't worry I will [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] They are a great amp no question I have mine for one more night and I am pushing it right now
      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Just don't break her. I want something to play next week [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I can't wait to get one of my own. I will be selling off the rest of my gear soon... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

No it is a nice night and my windows are open and i respect my neighbors... I won't break her [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I've had tons of amps over the years (been playing 25 years). My last amp before my vetta was a full blown bloated rack, triaxis, jmp1, 2:90, gmajor, bbe, dbx 266xl, gmajor, and a patchmate to control it all. I've had all the real expensive effects (h3000, eclipse, gforce) used proably 3 sounds on the whole thing, sure i could turn anything on at anytime etc, i can do that now... In the end i got really sick of spending $150 every 6 months on tubes.

I did some web work for a guy at a music store, and he gave me a vetta for the work (good deal), so i really had nothing invested in it so i dont fall into the category of someone who just spent an assload of cash and says it's the greatest thing just because they dumped the coin.

The vetta does anything i want, gets any sound I want, can reproduce any sound I had in the past, and then some. I think it really boils down to nitpicking. I'm pretty picky too when it comes to the sound i'm playing through. I cant tell there are no tubes, and i dont really care if it sounds like tubes, but i like the sounds that come out of it. I love having the flexibility of making it sound COMPLETELY different at the flick of a switch. I got litterally sick of my rack, and playing with 3 sounds, which all really sounded the same.

sounds like a cd someone said? or a tv? someone needs their hearing checked is all i can say, my vetta with 2 boogie 4x12s will rip flesh from your bones.

If you are happy with what you have, it doesnt matter if there are tubes.. stop listening to the tube snobs, they will always argue about how theirs is superior. who cares, i love my amp. I'm at a point in my life financially where i could have 3 of any amp i want, but i'm happy, so why bother?

as for trading the vetta for an xxx peavey, it's apples and oranges, you are looking at a 3 trick pony vs a 1010101 trick pony. if you are happy with those sounds, keep in mind tastes change over the years, then go for it.

If you have a hard time getting good sounds out of the vetta, maybe it's you, or your guitar, or speakers. maybe we should all spend more time playing than bitching about whats better, when better is an opinion, and we all know the saying about opinions... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Dave

Comment

Working...
            X