Rhino Beast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhino Beast

Has anywone ever tried a Rhino amp. Their website is shut down. I was interested for a long time on a Blackstar Malmsteen sig model. What about the Rhino Beast?

Re: Rhino Beast

Originally posted by jgcable:
    Has anywone ever tried a Rhino amp. Their website is shut down. I was interested for a long time on a Blackstar Malmsteen sig model. What about the Rhino Beast?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Don't touch one with a twenty foot pole. Seriously... bad support, bad amps, total pieces of crap. A guy on HC bought one used on Ebay for just over $300, and felt cheated.

Pete

Comment

I have never played one but everything that I have heard has been negative.

Comment

I heard Micheal Angelo playing Rhino amps and thought they sounded good. Basically a Marshall 800 sound and he used a tube screamer to get it hot.

However as a side note, he blew two of his up in less than 20 minutes after coming on stage and had to use the opening acts Line 6 Flextone head to finish out the show. Him and his lead singer told me they thought the Line 6 sounded like crap. However, "it" was still working at the end of the show... hehe...

Comment

It's interesting to note that on the "G3: Live in Denver" DVD, Yngwie is using his old Marshalls and not the signature Rhino. That show was recorded last fall, so Rhino's had trouble for a while. Even Joe Stump, who was supposed to be an endorser too, never recorded with a Rhino as far as I know.
          Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Working...
          X