EMG P-90 Sized 81/85s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMG P-90 Sized 81/85s

Anyone try these yet? I love the EMG 85 and have passed on some nice P-90 guitars, because well, I can`t stand P-90s. I am wondering if these puppies sound like their big brothers? If they do, I am in for P-90 guitars, I love the look of the P-90, but can`t stand the noise and lack of humbucker sounds. Any opionions would be appreciated. Thanks-Jack.

Re: EMG P-90 Sized 81/85s

Awesome! Specials are definitely sweet, and I love my Special FM. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yep, I just don`t want the maple cap, just a big old slab of mahogany and now with the P-90 sized EMG 81/85s, it is on my short list [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] jack.

Comment

Yeah, I really like all mahogany guitars, too. My JJP and my Les Paul both are all mahogany with arched mahogany tops. They rock!!!

Comment

Not sure, but they should be cool, probably just like the regular 81/85 sound in smaller housing to fit those kinds of guitars. The original 58, yes, I said 58, was a P90 sound in a humbucking design. It was a little noisy, like a P90, and EMG decided to make the 85 in its place. You can still get the 58 made in their custom shop, though.

Comment

ya Joe, I see P-90 guitars go cheap sometimes like the Hamer Special and would think those P-90- sized EMGs would look smokin in there [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I am getting a Special agian one of these days, as long as it has the 1994 medium neck profile or larger. Jack.

Comment

Working...
            X