Marshall jmp 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall jmp 1

I say go for it. You could easily get Your money back on that. I think they are great sounding units.

Re: Marshall jmp 1

Sorry to sorta disagree, but, depending on what is on the market at the time, you might be pressed a bit to get $350 resale maybe. I sold my mint one for $375 including shipping, but it took several tries on the bay.

Personally, I really dislike the JMP-1s and was happy to have gotten that sort of money out of it. Some people like them nonetheless.

Comment

Hit it. It's a well known and praised preamp, so if you don't like it, it should be easy to sell again with no loss.

I had a JMP-1. The E530 CRUSHES it! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

/Henrik
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

John I was expecting your disapproval I know you hate these things [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] . Henrik I have an engl 530 too but I'm looking for a2nd sound , Megadeth sort of sound, and I'm thinking the Marshall will get me there.I'm keeping the 530 but want to try other pre's. If you had both could you compare the 2 and tell me what each can do that the other can't?

Comment

Marshall jmp 1

This guy from another band is selling a jmp 1 for 350 and its mint.I always wanted to check 1 of these out ,is that a fair price? I was thinking if I end up not liking it could I get my $ back or at least most of it? I know they go for 1000 new but this one is used but mint. Thanks. Joe

Comment

If you want full switching capabilities = MIDI there's no contest. JMP-1 wins.

Sound, very very short and it's only MY experiences, with MY gear (so biased):

JMP-1 is a bit flat and lifeless sounding. No spark! Does most "old school" distortion sounds well. Has "HiFi" kinda tone controls which is a bad thing here - imagine hearing an already recorded guitar through your stereo and then trying to adjust treble and/or bass on your HiFi amp.... sucks!

E530 Very fresh and in your face. Quick and punchy. Voiced differently - more modern metal distortion. Has a very smart tone/eq section with 4 controls in the lead channel. The LoMid and HiMid controls are phenomenal! A "weird" great thing is that you can back off on the distortion and still have cool crunch sound full of spark. This is very hard to explain, but to me the E530 has an overall clarity and transparency which my JMP-1 did NOT.

Both needs a tiny bit of "UltraFex'ing" or "Sonic Maximizing", so i use that. Both are much more responsive using this effect.

/Henrik
            Henrik
            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

The JMP-1 has it's charmes. When you know how to program it, it is actually quite a good amp.
              I also have 2 ADA mp-1's a CAE 3+ and a bogner XTC, but I still won't sell my JMP-1.
              About the ENGL preamps. They're not bad, but I prefer the ENGL heads to their preamps and poweramps.

Leon..

Comment

jmp-1 is definitely a great unit, sounds awesome for old school metal sounds. You really need to use it with a valve power amp to get the best out of it though. I'd also recommend getting a rack eq to go with it, as i think you need more control to get the really heavy sounds out of it.
                cheers

Comment

Originally posted by achren_git:
                  I'd also recommend getting a rack eq to go with it, as i think you need more control to get the really heavy sounds out of it.
                  cheers
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Smart move man.
                  If you can lay your hands on a TC 1128, go for it.
                  This just has to be the best eq on the planet for guitar!!!!! I got two of these babies for my CAE 3+ and one for my Bogner XTC. The 1128 is just magic in a box (plus the analyzer section is great to see what you are actually doing!!!)

Cheers,

Leon..

Comment

Working...
                  X