Dual recto eq configurations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual recto eq configurations

Ive got a dual recto (3 channel) coming in a few days, and i know theyre extremely tweakable, and sometimes it can be a pain. Does anyone have any cool configs theyd like to share, to make things go a bit smoother on my end so I have something to work off of? Including the positions of the front knobs, as well as the stuff on the back of the head too. (tubes vs diode, etc ) Anyone able to achieve a "children of bodom" type sound with this amp, with the real high mids and all? Thanks guys

Re: Dual recto eq configurations

The best way generally to sculpt your sound from a Rectifier amp is to start with the tone and gain controls around noon and work from there. Do it in small amounts too-the controls are real sensitive.

Comment

Mesas are a little on the warmer/darker side and I find they have more low mids than high mids. You may want to try an eq in the loop or hopefully you've got pickups that'll put out a little more high mids, maybe like a JB.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

silicon diode mode.
        bold
        treb 0
        bass 10
        mid 10
        pres 0
        gain 10
        chan. volume 5? (start at 5 and don't be afraind to go either way. )

output (or master or whatever its called now) loud as hell!!!!!
        bottom line:
        if there is too much treble - turn it down.
        if there is too much bass - turn it up.

try shaping the tone by adjusting volumes between the channel vol. and master/output vol. (or front end vs. back end saturation. or should i say, do you want more prea-amp distortion or power amp distortion?)
        ~JW
        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Working...
        X