Attn. mesa road king owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attn. mesa road king owners

Can someone record the different dimensions of a road king and post some sound clips? Ive never gotten the chance to play one and i really wanna hear what it does so well.

Re: Attn. mesa road king owners

I have two of them. I can't easily post sound clips, so I can't help there. However, I can describe the sound, if you're familiar with a dual rectifier...

The distorted sounds are basically the same as a dual recto. The tube switching allows you to get either the el34, 6l6 or combination sound out of the amp. I personally like the 34s on rhythms and the 6l6s on leads - it's a minor difference but it is noticible.

The clean channels of the RK are much better than the standard rectos. The brit sound is like a slightly overdriven Marshall. The tweed sound nails the sound of a Fender twin.

The amp is super flexible and sounds great. The only downside is the weight - it weighs 60 some pounds.

Hope this helps.

Matt
    ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

I have an RK combo with an 2x12 recto extension cab. I cant easily post clips either, sorry. But I have 4 distinct differernt sounds with my RK setup like this: Straight cleans on ch1 clena mode 6L6s. Ch2 is brit mode with EL34s giving a nice overdriven marshall sound. Ch3 Vintage mode 6L6s is a great lead tone and all around great basic rock/metal tone. Ch4 modern mode 6L6 is balls to the wall metal tone, basically as heavy as you want. This amp will really get just about any tone your looking for, you gotta take time and play with it, its not gonna jump out at you right away. Its a VERY complex amp capable of achieving many sounds. But you must be patient and take you time. I highly recommend you try one out. I wish I could provide you with more help and clips. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

The Road King rules.

Sorry for stating the obvious, but I felt I had to say it.
        Feel better now.

Joe
        Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Working...
        X