• Show
Clear All

• Randall opinions

Any experience with any of these?
    Randall Warhead
    Randall Cyclone
    Randall Titan
    Randall V-Max

I had a 1986 RG100ES-SS that killed a while back.

Re: Randall opinions

Oh my god!!

I sampled the Cyclone at NAMM '04 and I spent at least 2 hours with it (with an annoyed Dan Donegan from Disturbed trying to talk to people behind me!) and let me tell you....that amp KICKED ASS!

I'm planning on getting one soon. Most people hate non-tube amps but I don't mind them. This one is by far the best one I've ever heard.

BRUTAL and CRUSHING gain saturation and low end 'thump' at any volume. I wouldn't say it's all that versatile but it does the heavy stuff extremely well.

Dare I say it....I tried a Bogner Uberschall as well and I liked the Randall Cyclone better.

They're around $1100 list price which translates to about $700 retail.

Check one out.
    Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

I did. I tried a Cyclone and V-Max. Both of them kicked major ass. The Cyclone is a monster. Tremendous thump. The entire store was shaking when I was playing it. The V-Max is more versatile and is very hard to tell that it only has a 2 tube preamp in it. I would have sworn it was all tube.

Comment

I played a Warhead while amp shopping and hated it. I have heard good things about the Cyclones though ( and not just in this thread [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

Comment

I had a Randall a few years back. I can't even remember the model, but it was solid state. Sounded great actually. I don't know how the new models sound at all really, but with the experience I've had with Randall I would recommend them. At least to check em out.

Comment

Working...
          X