No announcement yet.

Recommend a cheap, tiny bedroom amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Recommend a cheap, tiny bedroom amp?

[ QUOTE ]
    I was going to say Uberschall.....well it's in my Bedroom. Thats where I get most my inspiration besides in the John ....I should put one there too.

Eddyrox ...Nice Marshalls dude...

[/ QUOTE ]
    thanks bro.
    top of red cabs - 100W 69 Super bass (bone stock)
    top of purple cab - top to bottom - 100W 72 Super lead (bone stock), 100W 70 Super Trem (bone stock), 100W 71 Super Trem (bone stock).

For the record, when I say bone stock, I mean no holes, original tranny's, red solder joints, etc.. The Daly LCR's have been changed out on the 72 SL.

And can you say F*CKING LOUD?!? the variac's used to drop the line voltage to save the tranny's. when I feel really ambitious, I'll run a load box out of the 72SL or the 69 super bass, and split the outputs, wet/dry and do VAN HALEN I. VH1 tone, IMHO, is straight F*CKING marshall.

On the floor - top to bottom - 81 JCM800 2203 (cameron mod), THE original prototype Doug Aldrich Cameron Chicken head (played by John Norum and Doug Aldrich at different times), 89 Bedrock completely rebuilt (PTP, turret board) by Mark Cameron.

I cannot think of any amp louder than a 100W metal panel, no-MV Marshall. Not the Bogner 101, VHT Pitbull UL, Diezel VH4 or Herbert, 5150 or a Boogie Rectum Fryer. Why? Because I've had 'em all lined up (at one time or another) and the Marshall's have a much cleaner preamp, less circuitry, and that Class A, ass-melting tone. Marshall IS brutality, nothing subtle about 'em!

Comment

I'll make this short one and absolutely agree with you . I and a freind had one long ago ....they were both soooooo0 loud ....it made my teeth hurt .....not kiddin'..

I wish I still had some of my old Marshalls...but I'm still content with my Marshall 9200 w / 5881s / JMP-1 / JFX 1 into four Marshall 1960B cabs and my Uber..I use a G major w/ that one.

bill
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I'll make this short one and absolutely agree with you . I and a freind had one long ago ....they were both soooooo0 loud ....it made my teeth hurt .....not kiddin'..

I wish I still had some of my old Marshalls...but I'm still content with my Marshall 9200 w / 5881s / JMP-1 / JFX 1 into four Marshall 1960B cabs and my Uber..I use a G major w/ that one.

bill

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill, as a former rack junkie, I NEVER bag on the JMP1. In fact, I still have the JMP1, a Rocktron Piranha, and a ADA MP1. Those preamps will NEVER die! And BTW, they've been on some of the most rocking albums in history. So, 9200/JMP1 combo is an AWESOME and LOUD machine. I'd like to p/up one of those EL34 pwr amps myself!

Comment

Working...
        X