Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I want a new amp, Which one to choose??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So I want a new amp, Which one to choose??

Originally posted by Drsracing:
    Hmm, I liked the flextone. I may have to venture out this week and try one again. I still like the idea of a small tube amp and maybe adding a Chamealon on as a effects prosseser. Or just playing with the 3 pedals I'd only use anyways, A delay, Flanger, and a chorus
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have a Flextone XL (version 1) in excellent condition... I could be talked out of it. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

What's the diffference between all the difffernt flextone models??? There's like a 1, 2 and 3 right.
      I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Mesa DC5 Combo with 5 band EQ might work for you. Around $600 or so used.

Comment

Haven't played a DC5, Is it a current model?? Any type of tone it's good at??

Comment

how can you not get a good trash tone out of the 5150 [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

No, that's all I could get out of it was a good thrash tone, Kinda like early testemnet, exodos sorta like. I really want something thats a little more, I would call it Louder,wetter, MOre brown. A thrash tone to me a real kinda grey tone. I don't know if I'm making any sense, Kinda like say slip of the lip by ratt, or Coma by GNR

Comment

oh oops i misread your post
                i know what you mean...

Comment

The DC5 is discontinued. I used to have the head version of it. The clean is very very nice. You won't get a modern super saturated sound from it but the 5 band EQ REALLY helps on that amp. It can do a great scooped tone with it and the EQ is really sensitive.

If you're lookin for Maiden, Ratt, Y&T, old school stuff, it can do it very well. Similar, but not exactly like the Master of Puppets tone. Loud as hell too.

http://cerberus.sourcefire.com/~jeff...itars/dc5.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

There was also a DC3 (30 watt) and DC10 made (100 watt). Not sure if combos of those existed or not.

http://www.mesaboogie.com/Reviews/Cu...c/DanLeduc.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Drsracing:
                    What's the diffference between all the difffernt flextone models??? There's like a 1, 2 and 3 right.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The best way to see the differences between the models would be to download the manuals frommtheir website, but basically, the Line6 Flextone is the same as a POD for the most part; the Flex 2 is the same as the POD 2 (added more amp models, better internal tuner, and amp sims ~ which I never use), and the Flex 3, which is quite a bit different from the other two, but to be honest, I still prefer the first version. Other than that, there's a 60 watt 1x12, a 60 watt 1x12 w/extension cab out (Plus version), and the XL, which is the 2x12 combo.

There's your starter!

Comment

What about an ENGL?

Comment

I am with toejam I recommend a Mesa F30. I have one and it kicks major ass. you can bag a used one around the $600 range. It sounds awesome as low volumes but can really crank it out if you need it. It really has a great clean channel with ddecent reverb. CHan 2 is really kickin, nice overdrive, really thick meaty tone. And kick in the contour mode and you really got tone. I dont want to get goofy and say that countour thing will give you full blown recto sound, but man its close. I hell of a great amp for the money. I love mine. Hope this helps. If you can try one out, please do.
                        "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Hmm, I see Matt's Music Center has an f30 combo on ebay right now, I need to find one local to play though first. I went and played the studio 22 again with an anderson this time and it was close to what I want, but sounded I think better with the Les paul and a flextone and i see good sides for each of those amps. I still have till next paycheck to get the money so I'll go out and try more this week

Comment

Working...
                          X