Boss GT-6 users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss GT-6 users

I am getting one today. Does anybody use this effects processor?

Re: Boss GT-6 users

Here! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

D>

Comment

I've got a GT-3. Extremely similar. Killer units. I like my GT-3 so much - and feel like I've barely touched its potential - that I can't bring myself to upgrade to the GT-6 yet.

Comment

I've used the GT-3 for the past 3 years. I really wanted to get the GT-6, but decided to go with stomp boxes again, and go straight into the amps. The GT-3 is a very nice pedal, so I'm sure the GT-6 is even nicer. Alot of very cool effects, and the tuner is awesome. Let me know how you like it once you've had time to noodle.
        1990 Jackson Professional
        1992 Dean ML
        2004 Epiphone Flying V
        2005 Epiphone Dot
        2009 Fender Stratocaster
        2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
        2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
        2006 Fender P Bass
        2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
        1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
        1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
        Custom Pedalboard
        ADA MP1
        ADA FX2
        Tascam 2488

Comment

I've seriously thought about getting one of the
          GT3 or GT6 units.
          I tried a GT5 years ago in a music store and
          liked it. They were just stupidly priced at the
          time.
          Anybody use one with a Marshall 800 or TSL?

Comment

I've been using mine with (2)JCM800's. It sounds great, but alittle to digital for my taste. It works much better with solid state amps. That's why I've gone back to stomp boxes. The natural sound of the JCM's is just to awesome to munipulate with digital cosm type effects.
            1992 Dean ML
            2004 Epiphone Flying V
            2005 Epiphone Dot
            2009 Fender Stratocaster
            2006 Fender P Bass
            Custom Pedalboard
            ADA MP1
            ADA FX2
            Tascam 2488

Comment

I plan to try the GT-6 3 ways live.
              1. I am going to use the stereo out and go into 2 different amps stage left and right. A Mesa Studio 22 and a Mesa Nomad 45. Both are 1 x 12 combos.
              2. I am going to put it in the effects loop of my X100B.
              3. I am going to use the 4 cable method and use it for effects only on my Mesa Trem-o-verb half stack and maybe the X100B.
              The Boss GT-6 users group is really intense. There are alot of players doing some serious shit with this processor. It appears to be almost like a Vetta on the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable:
                I plan to try the GT-6 3 ways live.
                1. I am going to use the stereo out and go into 2 different amps stage left and right. A Mesa Studio 22 and a Mesa Nomad 45. Both are 1 x 12 combos.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Although I didn't try it live with my old band, I toyed with the stereo set-up on my GT-3 with my Carvin Bel Air and an old Peavey Bandit. Sounds phenomenal in stereo, especially any patches with chorus or delay! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I was toying with picking up a second Bel Air to do this as my band set-up. But that ended up falling apart, so it would be over-the-top for my home rig. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

BTW, that reminds me...

The GT-3 - and I assume the GT-6, too - has user programmable settings that optimize the unit for different set-ups. i.e., Direct into full stack, direct into a combo, effects loop, line out, etc. You should play around with these to find the best settings for yourself. I've found that the direct into combo sounds best for my Bel Air. The differences were pretty noticable - the tone and effects were a lot clearer and fuller this way, IMHO. I would guess that results vary depending on your amp/rig, though.

Comment

I agree. Those setting are very crucial. The unit really is versatile, and fairly easy to manuever through. I really do like them, just not for tube amps like the JCM800.
                    1992 Dean ML
                    2004 Epiphone Flying V
                    2005 Epiphone Dot
                    2009 Fender Stratocaster
                    2006 Fender P Bass
                    Custom Pedalboard
                    ADA MP1
                    ADA FX2
                    Tascam 2488

Comment

Yep, have had a GT-3 for several years. Used it many different ways, very versatile. Now I leave it hooked up to my PC for bedroom level practice and monkeying around. Sounds awesome in stereo through my PC BTW. I use the headphone setting for PC use.

Comment

I've had my GT-6 for almost two years now and haven't even begun to scratch the surface of the potential of this wicked processor. I've finally got a wicked clean and a wicked Marshall crunch out of this thing that actually puts my own Marshall amp's distortion to shame. Well, given that my Marshall is a solid state... hehehe...

Still, I've actually sacrificed my gutiar lessons in exchange for lessons on the GT-6. I bought the GT-6 almost two years ago, and then my music teacher loved it so much that he bought one as well. He's had a LOT more time to mess around with it and know it inside-out, so he's now teaching me what he's learned. He runs the GT-6 into two amp heads in stereo (a Marshall TSL and a Fender Twin) for his Pink Floyd tribute show and gets sounds I never thought were possible. And the sound is surprisingly warm and full, not harsh as you might think with the solid-state GT-6.

Yes, that "Output Select" button on the GT-6 is CRUCIAL!!! For my setup, for some odd reason, the "Line/PA" setting works the best and gives the clearest sound. The names are arbitrary and are not meant to be taken seriously. I used to use "Combo Amp" because that's what I was plugging the GT-6 into, but it just sucked.

Plus, you can record direct using the GT-6. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Jgcable mentioned the Boss GT-6 forum... man, I should seriously go back there one of these days. I could learn a lot just like I do here with the JCF.

Maybe one of these days, I will get a second GT-6. That way, I could run one direct for distortions and such, while running the second GT-6 in my effects loop for effects. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

the boss ME50 is the GT6 engine, but without the COSM stuff.. and its cheaper... in case you want to run your GT6 just for effects...

~E

Comment

A quick search on Google yielded this website:

http://www.bossgtcentral.com/gt6.php

And a quick glance through it looks like a really large website with a lot of good info. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by illumina:
                              the boss ME50 is the GT6 engine, but without the COSM stuff.. and its cheaper... in case you want to run your GT6 just for effects...
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh cool! I didn't know that before. I'd run the GT-6 through the front and the ME-50 through the effects loop, I guess?

Comment

Working...
                              X