Boss GT-6 users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boss GT-6 users

I've used the Gt-6 for live applications and have just recently went to the Gmajor. The only issue I had with the GT-6 is that I felt that because of all the amp/cab sim. stuff, that these took away for the actual sound of my amp. The Gmajor does not have all of this stuff so I think this box will produce a more true sound. I'm still playing the Gmajor so I can't compare the two. I still have my GT-6 and I'll probally keep it.

joe...
    www.godwentpunk.com
    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

This thing even makes coffee in the morning. I am going to use it for recording for now. There are many things I haven't been able to figure out yet and here is one of them.

Do you have to set up a seperate patch with the wah pedal activated? I was thinking it would be like the Line 6 board. Step on the pedal and it turns on, step again.. and it turns off. Here is an example of using the GT6 live doing G&R's Sweet Child. 1/2 of the guitar solo is normal and the other half has wah in it. It seems that with the GT6 I have to step on a patch button to activate the patch with the wah and then I have to step on the wah to use it. After I am done I have to remember to leave the pedal in the full "toe" position and then step on a patch button to go to the patch without the wah. It is important to leave the wah in the full toe position because when I step on the non-wah patch the pedal turns into an expression (volume pedal). With all the things that this thing does, I can't believe they didn't include a simple on/off switch under the wah pedal. Once I figure this thing out, I might consider using it live. The effects portion of the GT6 is incredible. You can even change the order and arrangement of the stomp boxes.

Comment

The pedal can be used as a volume pedal or wah pedal. When you press the toe all the way down, it presses a switch that makes it into a wah. Press the toe down again and your back to volume control. Works pretty well.

joe...
        www.godwentpunk.com
        www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Yesh, that's how a Crybaby works, I think. Then again, I've never owned/touched/tried a Crybaby, but that looks like how you'd activate its wah. Sorry, I'm a switchless stepping Morley wah guy... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I still gotta figure out where in the "chain" I want to put my Morley wah pedal. I personally am not satisfied with the wah models on the GT-6 and the expression pedal isn't loose enough for me to really do the "wacka-wacka" funky guitar thing like the Morley is.

Comment

[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. Put some muscle into your toe-pressing on the expression pedal and it turns into a wah pedal. Step on it hard again to turn it off. And when you press it to turn it off, it'll go back to your un-wahed sound at full volume since the pedal is all the way forward.

Comment

THanks guys. I just wasn't pressing hard enough. This thing is amazing. Incredible control. I am using it with a Mesa Nomad 45 combo (1 x 12) and a 2 x 12 Randall extension cabinet. I use the Mesa clean channel and the boost button for solo's. It sounds really fuggin good. Boy, the Mesa Nomad 45 is one powerful amp. Really loud.

Comment

I pretty much have no use for my amp's distortion channel any more. After a little while of fooling around with the GT-6, I've gotten distortion tones that beat my amp's usual tone. I was pretty surprised at it. All I need now is a good high-gain modern metal distortion and I'm set. Still the fattest sound I can get is the MS Stack I+II setting which is great for the usual sound I love, but I also want a more modernish sound as well. I'll be busy working on that one... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I am with you. The amps on this processor sound better than any of the originals that I have. There are alot of 5150 patches.

Comment

What 5150 patches are you talking about? You say there are many... where? On the GT-6 or on the internet?

Got any 5150-ish settings you'd like to share? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I find that the Soldano and the 5150 "amp sims" are somewhat thin sounding for whatever reason. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

I have a GT-3 and love it.
                      Just for fun, try it straight through the PA (no amp). It sounds killer (and hauling a GT-3 is slightly easer than a 1/2 stack and 30 pedals).

Comment

I so wish that the GT-6 at work wasn't connected to this crappy little 1x8 Fender combo...I'd really like to put it thru it's paces with a decent amp.

Comment

So, there I am at The Tropicana listening to one of the many bands they have playing throughout the hotel. I notice that the guitar tone from one of the bands sounded REALLY good. Good enough to stop me in my tracks to listen. This guy was pulling off every sound imaginable from Van Halen to The Temptations, to The Pet Shop Boys to Miami Sound Machine. Great lead tone, nice crunch, dead nuts Van Halen brown tone,etc... I looked at the amp he was using and it was a fairly new 1 x 12 Fender Princeton NOT mic'd. How can this be? At closer inspection, I noticed he was using a Boss GT-3. It ran straight into the Princeton input jack. He also had another cable from the GT-3 running direct to the board. It sounded really good. I am going to use my GT6 live for sure. For small gigs:
                          Mesa Nomad 45 with Randall 2 x 12 cabinet.
                          For large gigs:
                          Carvin X100B with Carvin 4 x 12 cabinet.

Comment

Working...
                          X