behringer x vamp pedal help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• behringer x vamp pedal help

ok just got the fucker after a years wait or something lol I am trying to run it from the front with only the fx on and the thing is bloody noisy like fucking hell maybe I am doing something wrong don't know and if the delay is on my main distortion tone drowns it out ? weird hey ? and bloody weird that with the noisegate on it does this ? help ! and my fucking clean chanel won't work if I use it in the loop ? anyone help ? anyone have this problem with a multi fx unit ? it's good on it's own [through a clean chanel] but I want to use my main distortion from my xxl head for my heavy sound not the v amp ones .//Steve

Re: behringer x vamp pedal help

It would probably sound better in the loop if you are using the amps gain ch, but yours doesn't work does it?

What does it sound like through you computer or headphones?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Originally posted by Dave:
      It would probably sound better in the loop if you are using the amps gain ch, but yours doesn't work does it?

What does it sound like through you computer or headphones?
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah my loop is dead man ! fuck I am seroiusly thinking about selling it and buying a spider head from line 6 they are only 500 canadian up here and I can eazily sell the xxl for 500 forsure as is , but through a clean amp or for recording the behringer will be fine . to get the fx loop fixed I got to pay for it or send it back east [6 week wait !] or back to peavey probably another 6 week wait and I have to pay the freight [bastards !] , through the head phones it's ok , I am gonna go to mikes and run it through his roland 8 track soon to see what it sounds like for recording , but I think it will be fine , also I might just get a mosvalue tubeworks power amp and go with a used pod xt pro or a behringer v amp pro . not sure yet though . //Steve

Comment

I was thinking of getting one of those pedals, but I decided against it. I've heard some not-so-great things about Behringer. I just got a Behringer Feedback Destroyer Pro rack mount system, and it's pretty noisy in front of the amp. In the loop, it's much quieter, and it's even got a level switch for different types of gear. It seems like it's mainly made for PA and microphone-type feedback and doesn't want to work at getting rid of squeals and feedback from my amp! I wrote Behringer an email before I got the thing and explained I wanted to use it in my amp, and they said it would be fine. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] The parametric eq that's also built in seems to work a little, but it just doesn't seem to want to work with guitar amps. I just packed that fucker back up and will be returning it to MF.
        I might as well use the money to get that switchless Morley Tremonti Power Wah I've been wanting. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Most Behringer stuff is made from second rate parts anyway :s

Toejam, are those Wah's actuallu any good, I tried a Bad Horise and loved that but I've been wondering whether to get that instead (need to sell my CryBaby first though...)

Andy!

Comment

I've never actually played one of those wahs, but I've heard from a few people that they're pretty good, and their sound is supposed to be a cross between a traditional vintage wah and a modern type of wah, so it should suit me just fine.
            Last time I went to GC to try one, they didn't have any, but I tried the Crybaby switchless wah and thought it was pretty cool with that feature. I've already got a regular Crybaby, but I'm bored with it and want a different sound.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
              I've heard some not-so-great things about Behringer.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They cut corners by doing the engineering & product design in Europe while outsourcing all of the manufacturing to China. It comes back to bite them in terms of usability: the Behringer stuff has so few controls (they're often utilized for multiple purposes) and such an uninformative (cheap) display that it's sometimes tough to visualize what's going on. I don't have any huge noise problems with my V-Amp Pro going to phones or a power amp but I can't for the life of me get a nice dirty biting tone out of the thing. The cleans are nice, some of the effects are OK, but the heavier amp models sound like something a head with the treble & presence controls set at zero and a few blankets thrown over the cab.
              Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Working...
              X