External switching with Dual Rectifier? HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• External switching with Dual Rectifier? HELP

Anyone out there using the external switching jacks on the back of your Dual Rectifier?

For some reason my MIDI Octopus wont switch any of the channels but it does switch the effects look & solo fuction. I'm stumped. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: External switching with Dual Rectifier? HELP

Originally posted by Fretburner:
    Anyone out there using the external switching jacks on the back of your Dual Rectifier?

For some reason my MIDI Octopus wont switch any of the channels but it does switch the effects look & solo fuction. I'm stumped. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Are you sure all external switching jacks are operational? I'd check those first one by one, and then each midi octopus jack just to make sure everything is ok.
    BTW, you did check the momentary/latching switching right?

Leon..

Comment

According to Mesa, the Octopus has an issue (with voltages, I think), so it won't work with the 3 channel Rectos. The Rolls unit has the same problem.

You can call Mesa and ask, but I'm 95% sure that's what they told me.

May I suggest an Axess CFX4? That's what I use. You can even get it with a five pin cable that plugs into your footswitch jack.

Mike
      Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael:
        May I suggest an Axess CFX4? That's what I use. You can even get it with a five pin cable that plugs into your footswitch jack.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Axess gear is always a good choice!!!

Leon..

Comment

The ocotopus does not work with the Mesa gear.

This is because it does not completely short to the ground when it switches, which the Recto is expecting. Like Mike said, the Rolls unit doesn't work either. The GCX, the Axess units and the TC Electronics G-Major all work with the Rectos.

Good luck.
          ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Working...
          X