Peterson Strobostomp tuner???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peterson Strobostomp tuner???

Has anyone tried one of these new Peterson virtual strobe tuners? THis one is a pedal version. ITs got a built in DI too. they look good to me. Only 2 reviews on HC so far. Just curious if anyone here had any experience with them??
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Re: Peterson Strobostomp tuner???

We've got a few at work, and they're awesome...the most accurate pedal tuner that there is, no doubt. Kind of expensive though.

Comment

Boxcar, where do you work? I am assuming a music store... ow why else would you have guitar tuners. This may be a stupid question, but I am cuurious. SO have you tried one of those peterson tuners?? I am kind of interested in getting one.
      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

I work at Guitar Center here in town...my bud who manages the guitar dept. was checking intonation with the Peterson pedal and it was dead on...basically it seems like Peterson's digital strobe tuner in a pedal form. If you got the money then I'd say go for it-you'll probably never need to buy another tuner again.

Comment

They are pretty cool, but I already have the V-SAM model that I use for guitar repair. While the virtual strobe tuner is more accurate, it takes a bit longer to cage the dispaly, and have your guitar accurate to 1/10th of a semitone. The BOSS TU-2 is what I use onstage, whether I am teching or playing, since it is so much easier to read and faster to tune with. There are times when the VS tuners are nearly impossible to read and to tell which way you are out of tune, so when I need a tuner I trust to get the job done quickly, I use the BOSS. The BOSS tuner is definitely accurate enough for stage use.

Comment

I have a Strobostomp on my pedalboard; I find it very easy to use.

one other VERY cool feature is that you can read it in direct sunlight (outdoor shows) and on the darkest stage.

I find it very fast to lock up and simple to read/use.

I had a 490 Peterson Strobe for years; and also have a VS-1 too. I love 'em.

Comment

Working...
            X