Need info on POD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need info on POD

I'm looking into getting a POD for home recording and possibly for live use, but home recording as the primary use. I've heard many samples and am convinced that this is the way to go. What I need to know is, Which one should I get. Is the XT worth the extra money? should I consider a rackmount pro unit? Any info would be helpful.

Thanks!

Jim
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Re: Need info on POD

Jim - IIRC the Pod 2.x is the same as the rack mount Pod Pro while the Pox XT is the same as the rackmount Pod Pro XT; the only difference being that the rackmount versions contain additional digital outputs that the standalone units don't have. If you're seriously thinking about getting a Pod Pro XT, you might consider spending a couple hundred more and getting a used Vetta instead, they're way more capable than the Pods. If you decide the extra outs are worth it and want the older Pod Pro (non-XT) Musician's Foe has what looks like a pretty good deal on them right now.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I have a POD XT and a Vetta combo with the Vetta II software. Any way you slice it you would be ok.

Comment

I have recorded with a POD, POD XT ( both pro and reg ), and a Vetta. I actualy prefer the normal bean shaped POD XT.

The XT just has so much more than the POD 2.0, and just sounds better to me.

I did not think the PRO model was worth the extra jack.

Comment

hi

i dont know if you already did but maybe you should take a look at the behringer Vamp. i dont own one, but some people here seem to love them, and i remember some soundclips posted here that sounded killer, and it was all guitar->vamp->pc.
          you can get them VERY cheap, so maybe you should consider one, too.

greets
          fragle

Comment

I sold my pod 2.0 and bought a Vamp Pro.I can say I prefer the Vamp pro models (the engl savage model is pretty cool),imo they have more sparkle.I was really tired for the blanket effect the pod 2.0 had.

Comment

FIrst off, thanks for all the help. So I guess the only difference in the rackmount and bean shaped units is that 1) they are rackmontable and 2)they have a few more outputs. More outputs aren't that important to me as I'm going direct into my PC through Cubase SX. Seems like the bean shape XT is the way to go.

I'm interested in the Vamp as well although I've never heard it. I guess I'm looking for flexability. I want to be able to record metal, blues, and classic sounds. I want it all in one unit. (or at least for the most part in one unit)

Thanks guys! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Jim

Comment

just get one, any one. and play with it.
                Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Done! I got a POD XT (bean shaped) from evil bay. 290+shipping.
                  From what I gather on the Line 6 site, it really blows the POD 2.0 away.

Thanks again guys

Comment

Working...
                  X