Tube amp Overdrive Pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tube amp Overdrive Pedals

No I have not Matt. I have only compared it to a newer non modded TS-9 and the modded one sounds so much more natural then the other. I would love to compare them as well.

Comment

Hey guys thanks for all the replies I live in the UK so buying the SD-1 would be a pain not tahat it wouldnt be a steal s/h, I don't havea paypal account etc adn it's too much hassles.

I am considering one of Robert keelys? modded DS-1's as used by the master shredder mr Vai.

Cheers, Owain

Comment

Originally posted by P I K A:
        Hey Jason is the mxr Zakk overdrive really that much different then the sd1? I thought they were the same.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There is a difference, it's not like night and day though. There's a difference in the sound of the distortion and a little more low end. I could be hearing things too, but it sounds like the notes are a little more defined than with the SD-1. Sam Ash has them the cheapest I could find, 79.95.

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by ozzuk1:
          Hey guys thanks for all the replies I live in the UK so buying the SD-1 would be a pain not tahat it wouldnt be a steal s/h, I don't havea paypal account etc adn it's too much hassles.

I am considering one of Robert keelys? modded DS-1's as used by the master shredder mr Vai.

Cheers, Owain
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">He doesn't use modded ones any more [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Or you could go old-school and try to find a Chandler Tube Driver pedal. Those sounded way better than the racks, and used a real tube (12ax7). A friend of mine ran one through a Marshall head of some sort back in '88 and it sounded great - lots of Vai/Satch/shredability.

Then again, maybe not: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3733271403

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks Newc, but that cost more than the AMP, I might get a Similar one made which is high gain, ie based ona DSL or Mesa.

but for now I will be heading towards the keeley modded MT-2TZ this will be more suited for me and my high ish gain style metal.

I always have the pastrami OD for lower gain stuff not that it doesent have bad gian just not quite enough.

http://www.robertkeeley.co.uk/distort_mt2.htm

Cheers, Owain

Comment

Working...
              X