Effects Processors... Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Effects Processors... Suggestions?

What would be the Boss version (if there is one) of the GT-3/GT-6 that doesn't have the preamp and its just the effects?

Comment

Boss ME-50. Scroll down:

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...;f=12;t=002132

Comment

Wow I am really thinking about the GT-6 now do you guys run it through the loop or before... I am mainly looking for teh modulation effects so the loop would be more natural for me
        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I've tried using my GT-6 in front of my amp as well as in the effects loop. Since I view my GT-6 as a complete sound package, I prefer putting it in front. If I only wanted it for choruses, flangers, and other "common stomp box effects", I'd use it in the loop.

Comment

Highly recommend the GT-3 or GT-6. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I have tried both ways. I use mine in the front of the amp. I tried using my Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier distortion and the GT-6 just for effects but the GT-6 Red channel Rectifier patch sounds just as good as the real thing. IMHO, the strongest point that the GT-6 has is the wide variety of Marshall patches.You can dial up a 59 Plexi and add an overdrive to it with some reverb and light delay and pretty much nail the Malmsteen tone. It also has a tone of already modded Marshall patches, Soldano's, Mesa's etc.. It has a Mesa Dual Rectifier patch with a Boss Metal Zone in front of it that is dead nuts exactly what the real thing sounds like. It has the best Fender Twin reverb I have ever heard.
              I am working on Powerball and Herbert patches now and when I get together with my bandmate with his Vetta 2 I will dial them in to match his (hopefully).

Comment

Agreed about the Fender Twin sim! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] That thing is gorgeous-sounding and MUCH better than the Roland JC-120 sim. Add some plate reverb and you're SPARKLING!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I don't really use the metal distortion pedals on there, but I do use the OD-1 which is great. Used in conjunction with my Marshall I+II sim gives me a thick saturated classic rock/metal tone.

Whoa, what's with all of the JCF's GT-6 users coming out of the closet recently? I never recalled this many GT-6 people here before. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I like it!

Comment

I think there still is no match for the almighty TC GForce. I heard TC is dumping the gforce and it's origin processor, the TC Fireworkx because there's a new model coming up.
                  This would mean cheap GForce's on the streets!!!

Leon..

Comment

Working...
                  X