First rehearsal with the new amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First rehearsal with the new amp

Sounds sweet, if only I had the cash but, few more weeks and I'm getting an Ashdown Fallen Angel 60W halfstack, oh yeah [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Andy!

Re: First rehearsal with the new amp

I didn't get a chance to test an Ashdown, but I was told they sound pretty "nu"
    Cheap though!

Comment

I didn't think they were too 'Nu' but then again I don't crank up the gain and I'll be playing a Strat through it anyways.

Andy!

Comment

First rehearsal with the new amp

Yep, I went out and bought the Engl Blackmore I posted about last week.
        It's everything I expected it to be.
        The clean channel is very nice in low gain mode, didn't find a use for high gain clean though.
        Low gain lead is classic hardrockin' stuff, think UFO, Lizzy, ACDC. Add an SD1 for lead and you're in classic rock heaven.
        High gain lead is heavy/thrash metal territory. Think Nevermore and you'll have a general idea.
        The amp is also very sensitive, it cleans up very well with the guitar's volume on low gain lead, and you really hear the difference between the guitars you plug in.
        I'm a happy camper!

Comment

I've tested a ritchie blackmore model a couple of weeks ago, and I agree, it's one hell of an amp!!!
          I also tried a SE, which I'm now GASsing for.
          Man, ENGL makes some cool amps!!!!

Comment

Verrrry impatiently awaiting the delivery of my new Savage 120 and Z-10 midi footswitch!!! Should be here by the middle of next week [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X