OK here is the tone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK here is the tone

I got the link for that soundclip I heard and wanted to know from you guys what amp will get me that. You have to copy and paste I'm not so good with the computer. The 1st 15 seconds are no sound just be patient. Thanks . http://mp3.openmusicsource.net/artis...M800__ZW44.mp3

Re: OK here is the tone

Ok the link works ,I don't know how I did it but check it out.

Comment

Sounds like the track was doubled. I would think you could get that sound with a 5150 if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

I'm thinking a good 5150 would sound better to my ears.

Comment

it's definetely at least 2 tracks (left/right are different) it's not a jcm800 then? <--[edit: ahh just now saw the other thread, heh]

Comment

Yea that was a jcm 800 unmodded and a zw overdrive. I had a 5150 and don't remember getting that tone. I'm talking about the frequency roar its hard for me to explain. Its not boomy or tinny its just right. Did I have a bad 5150? Are there differences between the models 1 and 2?

Comment

Well, yes, the 5150 and Marshall are different animals. I'm just thinking that the 5150 does the heavy sound better than what you sampled there. More chug and brutality.

800 are great of course, but more 80s metal sounding.

I prefer the first 5150s compared to the later 5150 IIs myself. Although the two channels of the 5150 II have more EQ control.

Comment

yeah I said the same shit in the "AMP" poll section basically... [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

A voodu valve will cop that tone with a good amp and cab.

Comment

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

All right I like this tone more but its an expensive 1 http://www.bogneramplification.com/UberJF1.mp3

Comment

Listen to te sound bytes area...

http://www.rocksolidamps.com/index.htm

Comment

Working...
                        X