Help me find a JCM800 in a sub 20W amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me find a JCM800 in a sub 20W amp

I really enjoy my two amps now, a Marshall Lead 12 and a JCM800 50W combo. Now I'm feeling around for something in between, but tube dirven.

Looking for the sound of the 50W 800 in a small package that is reliably built.

So far, the Crate V1512 or VC508 stick out. Any other amps in that power range that stick out has pulling the 'Marshall' sound?

The mesa Studio .22 is cool, but not sure that's going the right direction.

I prefer a 12" speaker, though I'm not sure it's really necessary.

Why hasn't marhsall put anything in that space? - yeah the AVT20 comes close, but not quite right.
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Re: Help me find a JCM800 in a sub 20W amp

Get a power attentuator for your JCM 800.

Comment

Aiken Amplification.

Comment

Maybe Pete (Twister Amps) has one of his for sale. I KNOW he can do a better sounding amp than a stock 800...

Comment

I have a Budda SuperDrive18 (18 watts) and I think it has a Marshall type tone on the overdrive channel. Does anyone else have the same opinion?

Comment

See if you can find an old Marshall Artist 3203 head. It's smaller than full size and only 30 Watts. Check the reviews at harmony-central

Comment

Those Marshall artist heads-are they the green ones? A friend of mne was going to buy one of those a few years ago, but didn't. It was a cool amp.

Comment

I think some of them were green. They're 3/4 size. I could get a JCM 800 type tone out of it, but the sound was much more managable at lower volumes than a Marshall 50 Watt head. Also, much lighter to carry around. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

How about a JTM30?
                  I have heard mixed reviews, and it probably won't give me exactly what I am looking for. I have a date with a JTM30 this weekend or next week, so we'll see.

Thanks for the suggestions so far they've been great.
                  When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Working...
                  X