Problem with my .22...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Problem with my .22...

That is correct, the .22+ has the Lead Master that balances the gain channel with the clean channel. Without that it's a pretty good jump in volume. You can cover it with the volume control if you're quick - it's not THAT drastic - but it would be nice to have.

I've found with mine the EQ gets less and less effective the higher the master gets, and like John said, it's just amazing when you get it barking at high volume. I remember a Guitar Player magazine review where they called it "the very best overdrive voice in all of rock and roll", or something to that effect.

Short of my SLO at full chat through a baffled cabinet, I'm inclined to agree.

Comment

Hi. My names is Chuck and I'm an idiot.

I just learned that old tubes in boxes aren't the same as NEW tubes.

I just put NEW tubes in my baby Mesa and it has NEVER sounded so GOOD.

It didn't need filter caps or anything else other than an intelligent person troubleshooting it.

Please ignore everything I say from this point forward. Thank you.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Hi. My names is Chuck and I'm an idiot.

I just learned that old tubes in boxes aren't the same as NEW tubes.

I just put NEW tubes in my baby Mesa and it has NEVER sounded so GOOD.

It didn't need filter caps or anything else other than an intelligent person troubleshooting it.

Please ignore everything I say from this point forward. Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool...what did you replace, power tubes or pre-amp tubes or both?

Glad you got her sounding swert again.
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

All right, this fukkin thing just pissed me off.
          It's been sitting on standby for an hour. I just started playing and it's doing the same old ****. Wierd 60 cycle hum sounding undertone, most audible under high sustaining notes.

Anybody wanna buy a .22 with EQ?? [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
          X