ENGL Savage 120 has arrived!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ENGL Savage 120 has arrived!!!

Well I finally got it Wednesday evening and immediately tore into it.
    Channel 1 is simply put amazing! I personally feel it is better than Paul Sr.'s at Rivera. No verb or anything on the clean channel and it sounded very lush. Even through my EMG 81-85 on the Dinky!
    Channel 2 is sounding like an unmodded JCM800 to my ears which is fine by me, I dont know if or when I will use that channel but it is there when needed.
    Channel 3 is full on modded JCM800 territory ala extra gain stage. I haven't gotten in line with my Trace modded JCM yet but it is awful damn close after tweaking only a couple of hours on it.
    Channel 4 really doesn't need any explanation. It is full on blitzkrieg, nasty, snarling saturated sound from Hell!
    The other very cool things about these amps are 2 totally separate volume controls that are foot switchable! that just solved the "want to use channel 4 for rhythm but had nowhere to go for solos problem" just switch to your second master volume set slightly higher and away you go.
    Another high spot is the dual presence knobs that are also foot switchable! That's like getting 4 more channels for God's sake.
    Depth and contour switches for each presence control round out the coolness factors on this extremely versatile LOUD amplifier.
    I think guys that my search for "the amp" may be over. I have always wanted an amp that had three tones. A lush glistening clean, a modded JCM800, and the nasty molten metal sound.

HUH: All of the required fields are not filled in

Sounds great!!

Clips? [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: ENGL Savage 120 has arrived!!!

I hate you man! Just kidding. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Congratulations. Sounds like a pretty versatile tone monster. Does it have a 1/2 power switch?
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I hate you man! Just kidding. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Congratulations. Sounds like a pretty versatile tone monster. Does it have a 1/2 power switch?

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no half power switch Shawn as the machine doesn't need it because you have 4 channel volumes and 2 master volumes.

Comment

Hey Lord, did you find it somewhere in Vegas or you have to order from someone. I live out in Henderson and if there is a Dealer in Vegas I would like to go check them out.

Comment

Lucky Lucky Lucky you... My Powerball lands Tuesday.... Then we can compare notes
            I keep the bible in a pool of blood
            So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Uh ... Tetsuo, I have to ask. Do you know what the girl in your avatar is yelling? Too bad I can not read lips. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Sounds awsome. I'm looking into ENGL's stuff since everyone here is having such a great experience with em. Have fun with her.

- Irfaan -

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Uh ... Tetsuo, I have to ask. Do you know what the girl in your avatar is yelling? Too bad I can not read lips. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks to me like she's saying <font color="blue">"They're Mine" </font>

Comment

"But they are mine".
                    Henrik
                    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

ahh ... yea, I can see that now ... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

The Savage 120 is a monster of an amp. Enjoy!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Hey Lord, did you find it somewhere in Vegas or you have to order from someone. I live out in Henderson and if there is a Dealer in Vegas I would like to go check them out.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way Suki that Vegas would such a cool beast here! I ordered mine from Tone Merchants in California.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I immediately went to their web page to check out the prices. I see the only thing they have in stock at the moment is a couple of powerballs. What cab are you using?

Comment

http://www.rocksolidamps.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X