Modded Laney VH100R Clips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modded Laney VH100R Clips

I just added some clips of a Laney VH100R I modded to my site. Tell me what you think.
    Laney 6L6 Tubes
    Laney E34L Tubes
    Jerry
    FJA Mods YouTube

Re: Modded Laney VH100R Clips

The EL34s sound way better man!! Jack.

Comment

Yep ... I have to agree with slayer. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

mmh....sorry, but i think your tone is rather muddy, both with el34 and 6l6. the clean sound is pretty much the sound my laney produces when set for clean, but the drive...would you mind posting some heavy clips? because i know what those laneys can do gain wise i'm quite sure you hardly turned the gain past 5, didn't you? turn it up and give us some metal. *headbang*

but hey, to be honest, before doing those mods to my amp i would rather pick up a cheap ass tubescreamer, set it to clean boost, and let the laney scream. i'm doing that with mine and sorry bro, my tone kicks yours in the ass
        the amp CAN get quite noisy, but every high gain tube amp is....easily fixed with some cheap ass stompbox a la boss ns2. the laney's are indeed bright amps, but you can dial that down using the eq(or change the preamp tubes). i actually set the presence on mine @ 10 and treble @ 5 and its not THAT bright....so really, no mods needed in my humble opinion.

but really, no offense or whatever...

greets
        fragle

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          The EL34s sound way better man!! Jack.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what the owner thought too. He took it with the E34L's.
          Jerry
          FJA Mods YouTube

Comment

Working...
          X