Best EQ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best EQ?

I'm looking for some kind of EQ-pedal for my amp. It's a Laney LC-30, and it has a effects loop, and it has a knob with which you can control the amout of effect you want to come in from the effects loop(I know that kind of effects loop has a name, but my memory doesn't differ very much from a goldfish's [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

What's the best reasonably priced EQ out there? I'm kind of on a tight budget so don't suggest high-end classy stuff.

Thanx a million
    /Thor

Re: Best EQ?

The Boss GE-7 is excellent & reasonably priced bro,I've used one for years & never had a problem ever!!Chucksplatter

Comment

Yeah, I've only heard good things about Boss's products. I'll check the GE-7 out. Thanx for the tip.

Comment

I've found a half rack boss GE-21 unit. Reviewer at harmony central says he used it for keyboard, how about for guitar?

Comment

I've had a DOD FX40-B eq pedal since the '80s (the gray one with red sliders as opposed to the gray/black one of today) and it's still going strong; though, I don't use it all that often any more. It's got 18dB of range instead of the 15dB of the Boss.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

MXR makes some nice 10 band? EQ's... i don't own one, but a friend of mine does and he really likes it... sounds good too

Comment

I have and like very much my 10-band MXR pedal

Comment

I use a boss pq-50 Half Rack space eq. It is Parametric. I love it. I used to use a Ge-7. The parametric kills it. You need to decide if you want to go rack or pedal first. The Ge-7 is probably the best pedal for the money but it is noisy so you will want a NS-2 next to it. If you go with the Rack unit the Fuhrman is also another good one but is a bit hissy too. Do you really need 21 bands for guitar? I don't think so.

Comment

Are rack EQ's generally better than pedals? If that is the case I'll save my money and buy something good-sounding and reliable, instead of first buying something decent and then upgrading.

Thanx [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I've used EQ's as part of my guitar rig, and EQ's as part of a PA system as a techie, so here are my thoughts on EQ units: The advantage of a rackmount graphic EQ unit with 15-, 32-, etc different bands is that there's a lot of scope for precise tweaking to get things just right. The downside about units with umpteen different frequency bands is that you have to do a lot of precise tweaking, so I'm not so keen about using them in my own personal guitar rig because I'd probably end up spending more time fiddling with it than I do playing. For guitar, something like a 10- or 6- or 7-band EQ unit is flexable enough to give you plenty of options but at the same time you're not going to spend all night messing about with the controls. The MXR units are solid enough, as is the Boss GE-7. Or maybe look into a parametric EQ unit if you're going rackmount?

Comment

The best eq on the planet has to be the TC 1128.
                      I never heard anything better. These can be found for max 300 euro used, so I'd say, if you run into one of these babies, don't hesitate, they're worth every cent!!!!!
                      Really incredible EQ!!

Leon..

Comment

Well considering what you guys told me, the choice is either the MXR Equalizer or the Boss GE-7. I'll have to check those both out.

Thanx a million guys!
                        /Thor

Comment

boss gt6 iv'e had it for a year, you can get what ever efect you want out of it
                          and the amp sims are great. it did take a while to learn how to get the full potential out of it but its worth it .cost alot thow

also i got a digitech metal master best dis pedal
                          iv'e heard if you play heavy stuff [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

GE-7 does the job well.

Comment

Symetrix 551E Parametric Rack EQ is what I'm using and it is very nice...no tone loss at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X