need a combo amp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a combo amp.

I need to get some sort of ...smaller amplifier. I currently am practicing in our garage with a 5150 half stack. I'm looking to buy a 1x12 or 2x12 combo...so I can practice indoors. Playing in our garage is just...well..it sucks alot of thet ime. During mid day. I get all sweaty and gross, adn it's just uncomfortable to play. Anybody have some suggestions? Tubed, digital...it's all good. You guys should know what kind of music I'm into.

Re: need a combo amp.

[ QUOTE ]
    I need to get some sort of ...smaller amplifier. I currently am practicing in our garage with a 5150 half stack. I'm looking to buy a 1x12 or 2x12 combo...so I can practice indoors. Playing in our garage is just...well..it sucks alot of thet ime. During mid day. I get all sweaty and gross, adn it's just uncomfortable to play. Anybody have some suggestions? Tubed, digital...it's all good. You guys should know what kind of music I'm into.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just did the same thing and bought a Mesa/Boogie DC-5. I'm still getting to know it but I like what I hear so far

50 watt dual channel, 2 6L6's and 6 12AX7 pre-amp tubes
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

I have a Mesa Boogie Nomad 45 1 x 12 combo. 3 channel, solo boost on every channel, reverb. This sucker screams. Literally. This is the loudest 45 watts I ever heard in my life. Fender to Marshall to Dual rectifier. Geez, Mesa makes great amps. Check out the Studio 22 too. Killer.

Comment

how much will that cost me? I don' thave unlimited resources. I have barely any resources.

Comment

try out some Peavey combos-great sounding, dependable, reasonably priced.

Comment

Drip, I think one of the Peavey Transtube combos would suit you very well. They do the super high gain death thrash black doom core whatever the hell you kids call it these days, and can be had cheap.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              They do the super high gain death thrash black doom core whatever the hell you kids call it these days

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] get out of the road grand'pa [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Do you care if that quote gets in my signature?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                They do the super high gain death thrash black doom core whatever the hell you kids call it these days

[/ QUOTE ]
                Hahahah! That one deserves to be quoted in the near future.

Haha, if Chuck wasn't a grown man who knows what he's talking about, I'd wanna beat him for saying that.

Comment

Whew! My Senior Citizens card comes to the rescue once again!

Help yourself, Ham!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Whew! My Senior Citizens card comes to the rescue once again!

Help yourself, Ham!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe I was afraid of copywriting since that description of high-gain took more than 100 characters.. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      the super high gain death thrash black doom core whatever the hell you kids call it these days

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] Amen to that, Chuck!

Comment

Working...
                      X